RWS ammunition (30:06)

Longshot

Good afternoon. I hope that someone can help me to identify a RFD who stocks RWS centre fire ammunition. I am still experimenting with different factory brands/loads in order to identify which is best suited to my rifle(cal 30.06) and I am having no luck in locating a RFD who stocks RWS ammo. I have spoken to RUAG and was referred to the dealer locator on the web site. I have tried using the RUAG site in order to identify RFDs who stock RWS, but RUAG's website is not particualrly user friendly.

So if anyone knows a RFD who stocks RWS ammunition can they let me have the name/contact number/address of the RFD.

I live in central London btw and have tried Potters (Tunbridge Wells) Francis Lovell (Whitney) and Andersons (East Grinstead).

Any help would be much appreciated.

Thanks for reading this!

Try William Evans in St James - if they don't have it am sure they can get it. Alternatively I have got RWS ammo in 243 and 7x65r from J Roberts and sons - they have premises just down from Waterloo.

I am one of the world's foremost experts on buying sporting ammunition in London, as people on here will attest. I would give the Beretta Gallery on St James' street a call. But I'd also then call every single gunsmith in London because they generally have very little to do with rifles and have small, random amounts of stock. Also try Anderson Wheeler (the people who made the rifle in the last James Bond film, a great piece of product placement), they tend to have more than most, but again, supply is erratic. Ray Ward hardly stock any rifle stuff.

I have a dealer friend in Detling who has an account with RUAG and could probably get you some. Please PM me if interested.

In the Midlands I know that Garlands has some RWS and in London Joe Beatham at the Gunshop East barnet has some RWS. Will these be .30-06? You'll need to 'phone them.

The one round tbe corner from farlows (cant remember if its william evans) was one of the few shops in the uk where I cohld find any quantity of rws in 243 100gr. They had mountains of rws in there in several calibres

The one round tbe corner from farlows (cant remember if its william evans) was one of the few shops in the uk where I cohld find any quantity of rws in 243 100gr. They had mountains of rws in there in several calibres

Yes, that's William Evans. It can seem a bit forbidding as you have to ring the doorbell to go in, but they're pretty helpful.

Well done pM thought you'd know! Yes you get sent to the dungeon to talk bullets. Some fancy pants rifles to drool over too.

Once upon a time that "dungeon" was full of brown stiff envelopes filled with Webley revolvers, Colt pistols and a lot of other fine handguns placed with Evans' and then, seemingly, forgotten about. There was some really good stuff came out of there in the 1980s.

Back