Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Request to help an Iraq Veteran please?

Request to help an Iraq Veteran please?

Hi, I run a tree surgery company and I am ex forces as are some of my blokes who work for me. I am also involved with a charity which helps modern day veterans who are often battle scarred, to find a job in civilian life. I currently have one such veteran, Mark, who saw heavy action in the recent Iraq campaign, doing some work experience with us. He is very polite, punctual and holds his CS 30 and 31 tickets. He has been with us for a few days and is a very hard worker. He is 29 and holds a driving licence. I would love to offer him a job with us but he is located in Romford in Essex and the commute to us would cost him a fortune. If anyone who is a tree surgeon/landscaper/gardener is looking for a reliable pair of hands in the Romford area who will work his socks off for a reasonable wage please feel free to drop me a line at
    thanks in advance

Last edited by Blackdog; 25-02-2014 at 16:53. Reason: spelling

i am ex green as well i wish him all the luck in finding a solid job , its sad this Government can't place the lads in work after they give so much in our name as they do for others from oversea's and top job for you as well

How about a mention on plenty of tree surgeons on there.

Thanks very much, its already on Arbtalk too. Just feel morally obliged to help our own.

If you have any come through the charity with an electrical background send me a pm

Hats off to you for helping our boys out
    Blessed be the sheeple for they shall inherit bugger all...

i can only wish him all the very best and hope he finds something soon,also fair play to you sir

ex mil man myself and i was out of work for some time, hats off to all who can help and to you for doing this,

WARNING: LUPUS IS A KILLER, lets support them in the need to find out what it is, what causes it and how do we defeat it. Donating to LUPUS UK | LUPUS UK

Living with Lupus - YouTube

thanks for all the messages and to Pheasant Sniper 1

Hi, Really pleased with the power of the internet and spreading the word. I have had 2 promising offers of work for Mark. Thanks again for your responses>