new ford ranger or new isuzu D-max?

ajfab

Looking to get a new truck and undecided on which to get. Not interested in Nissan or land rover .
Any input from owner's of ford or isuzu would be helpfully. Must be latest model.
Many thanks.

My money is on the ISUZU, had mine for 7 years and just now upgrading to a newer model, fantastic reliability, good warranty and 3 models to choose from.
Cheers
Pete.

Quite like the look of the new ranger with the 3.2D engine with the automatic box. I got my wife a Kuga with the ford auto box and its surprisingly brilliant. Go try it.

Had my d max 8 days now hardly long enough to fully evaluate but first impressions are its very good.
Its a joy to drive fuel economy is excellent had the cattle trailer on with a few sheep and lambs in and it performs admirably up to now no regrets :cool:

got a ranger 2008 3lt wildtrack but like the dmax aswell :doh: So ? i would say it feels more roomee "if thats a word"! in the dmax seen the new ranger and seems it is bigger than my type or looks like it. what ever happens get an extended warranty . injectors on the ford are £500 each plus fitting!!

Im looking at both for work at the moment, and had both on demo. It looks like were going Isuzu, there better value for money spec for spec. I also understand there's quite a lead time on Rangers as well.

Im looking at both for work at the moment, and had both on demo. It looks like were going Isuzu, there better value for money spec for spec. I also understand there's quite a lead time on Rangers as well.
I have the new ranger 3.2 and can not fault it I had the old ranger as well. You are correct there is a wait for them! My mate has been after the auto and the wait is even longer as is the wild track. I have had mine now for 16 months and it's been to Italy and back and have to say its a dream to drive. I have had very little trouble with mine,my brother in law bought one at the same time as me and I know he has had no problems with his.

I have the D Max Utah and cant fault it at this point, but i've only had it two weeks so hardly a comprehensive review.
However 5 year warranty and 12k or two year service intervals speaks volumes about their confidence in their own product.

All ready have a 6 year old ranger and been a good motor but looking for something to replace the l200 16-20 weeks wait for ranger 5-6 weeks on D-Max.

I bought the D-Max Utah last July and have clocked up 10,000 trouble free miles, economy is good on standard tyres but having changed them to GG AT's it is OK on runs 35 ish, but short journeys knock it down to 27. Mines an automatic with Truckman canopy.

I have had it remapped so more torque and bhp, but this did not make any difference to the mpg, its definitely the tyres that did that!

A mate has the Ranger and having driven mine he wishes he bought the Isuzu.

Also, shop around I ended up paying £21.5k + VAT for a fully loaded one with SatNav and reversing camera.

HTH

Nick

Has anyone got the mike robinson hunters one? Im due a change in june and wont be having another navara after being tucked up on the warranty by rowstock nissan at newbury, and their head of customer services at nissan uk...

Looking at xlt on the ranger or eiger in isuzu. I don't need side steps or 17 inch alloys just something middle of road.
Heard some rummors that ranger been having rear diff problem?

Last edited:
Has anyone got the mike robinson hunters one? Im due a change in june and wont be having another navara after being tucked up on the warranty by rowstock nissan at newbury, and their head of customer services at nissan uk...

I have specced mine to be a close second, and for less money! I bought a full length box from TransK9 and then put a ply floor over it, then a plasters bath for the carcasses. The Huntsmen one does have extra little drawers to the rear of the wheel arches but thats the only real difference, from a storage point of view and I don't need a ramp and winch is invariably I only shoot Roe or Fallow.

Mine isn't green but to be honest I really don't think that makes a difference, I don't need to hide it and the deer don't seem to mind going in the back!

The only thing I'd like to do to mine is de-bling the mirrors and grille, but I'll get round to that, I ordered it with black 17" alloys, which was a mistake as they only have one size to fit it in off road pattern, so bit of a sellers market. I'd go for black alloys again, but on 16" rims.

Nick

I drive a ranger new shape 2.2 limited bought in favour of the 3.2 as the economy is far better ,Stoneacre ford in York have stock and David Wadsworth is your man to talk to , don't worry about distance as they will deliver . If you are a member or join NGO there is also a substantial discount.

I've done close to 70,000 miles in my isuzu Yukon no problems . Just back from Scotland with 4 people 3 dogs,quad and all our gear got about 30 miles to the gallon and I don't spare the horses.more room in the back then any of the other pickups but like most of them now the body work is not the strongest plastic bumpers etc.

More room in the back is handy as mainly adults as passengers. You have to unfold them when getting out of the l200 after a long journey

I have had the old model and now the Yukon. It has done 22000 miles and is very comfortable to drive and economical. It is however easy to get stuck even with decent tyres and my vehicle has suffered from issues with a fuel filter warning light meaning three lost days work, and a warranty upgrade to the fuel system. This was ok but has now started happening again. Be warned Isuzu customer service is very poor. No personal contact just dealer referral.
I am inclined to say I should have kept the old one! Look on the Isuzu facebook page.

On my third Isuzu. Last one I bought brand spanker, did just short of 100,000 miles and traded it in for a 6 month old ex demo with all the bells and whistles last year. Now on 22,000 miles. Reliable, comfortable, quick when you need it and very well built.

I wouldn't use any other crewcab pick up. My only complaint is finding semi off road tyres for the 18"rims. The only tyres that fit it are Pirelli scorpions, continentals and general and at £650 a set they are not cheap.

Back