New tyres for Navara D40

Tikka595

Looking to get a new set of all terrains for my Navara D40
looking at 265/70/17 GENERAL GRABBER AT2
was looking at BG Goodrich AT but another £50 per tyre just too much money for a weekend shooting truck
Just wanted to know your thoughts or suggestions before I spend my cash
the Grabbers are costing £530 fitted for four
any thoughts?
cheers Tikka595

Had some on my D2. Best tyre on snow but the sidewalls are VERY thin and prone to ruin from flints. Don't last nearly as long as BFG's and the newest pattern are not as grippy as the old style.

Tikka 595,

At present I have the old open pattern General Grabbers AT2,s on my 3.0 Hilux which have now done about 30,000 miles and are half worn now with no complaints. I had them on the pickup during the snow of 2010 /2011 and they were superb even in some really bad situations.
I don't know much about how the new tread pattern AT2,s perform other than being told they changed the pattern due to noise regulations, you may still be able to get the old style which in my opinion look more off road with an open tread block, however road noise will be increased.
I did have an Isuzu Rodeo with the BF Goodrich AT,s on it which were fine until they started to wear and it appeared to me that the compound of the tyre got harder as they wore down which resulted in the back end sliding out in the wet if you were not careful.

For me I would be more than happy with another set of the General Grabbers.

Lapua 243.

Have a look here Tyre 265/70 R17 : discount price, free delivery - Tyre Leader cheapest I could find for new BFGs for my navara. Truck came with BFGs lasted 60k miles replaced with grabbers due to cost they onl. Lasted 42k mes so replaced with BFGs so far they have done 35k and still look like new

+1 saw this today just over a ton each. Mate of mine and me both run Navs and I put BFGs on 30k ago and he put GG ATs on. His are showing loads more wear and he hasn't done half my mileage.

BF goodrich all terrain if your off road occasionally BF mud terrain for more off road use , iv had both and have also tried other makes over the years i am now using BF all terrain on my hilux ,maybe more expensive but you get what you pay for , nothing else comes close
regards andy

Back