Brilliant few hours with friends at the Birmingham Proof House today

deeangeo

Totally interesting time in Birmingham today with an excellent talk/history and viewing of the premises and museum at the proof house http://www.gunproof.com/

Well worth a visit if a group of you are inclined to go. In today were some Westley Richards in the 'white' .600Nitro & 505Gibbs plus a couple of Barret .50cal rifles. Loads and loads of other stuff to view in historic surroundings. ATB :british:

Interesting it may be but very disappointed in their "Quality Control".

Not sure how else to describe the barely visible Proof markings on my PRS wildcat in .25 calibre but perhaps they simply chucked in the towel when noting there were 12 letters to be engraved/stamped after the ".250" bit?!

K

I took my 20BR for proof, first one they had ever seen. Had a good hour with the proof master while he made up proof rounds using brass I had supplied. Did not do the tour as not enough time but a very interesting and worth while visit.

My proof marks are as clear as a bell.

A

About 5 years ago I went with the local wildfowling club and in the middle of the tour the proofmaster and I got into a conversation about wildcats you have never seen so many confused faces in your life.
But its a great tour.

Interesting it may be but very disappointed in their "Quality Control".

Not sure how else to describe the barely visible Proof markings on my PRS wildcat in .25 calibre but perhaps they simply chucked in the towel when noting there were 12 letters to be engraved/stamped after the ".250" bit?!

K

How do they know how to create a Proof Load for a Wildcat? I presume you supply Brass but how do they know where to start? Quickload?

Yorkie.

In my case whatever Callum Ferguson agreed. I guess he would have supplied some of the loads worked up in the development stage but thereafter I've no idea.

Its a good question though as in truth I didn't ask for full details and perhaps should have.

K

Back