MINOX BF 8x25 or 10x25

sauer

any minox dealers on here

fancy a wee pocket set of binos for travelling wi work and in motor etc....

everyone raves regarding quality for the money

unsure wether to go 8x or 10x

any body reall experiences of these?
any dealers on here have a price & availability?

paul

What is the difference (other than obviously the size) between a set of these compacts and a normal set of comparable specs (8x40)? Also, has anyone that has or tried a set like in the link for the price ever compared them with the 1100+ pound ones from Zeiss (or?)? Is the difference really worth 1000 pounds? Getting aggravated with my 10x set and want 8x... thinking I may as well get something that will fit in the pocket if they are just as good as normal size. Just noticed that the 8x42's are quite a bit more than 10x42...

Thanks...

Sauer I'd go with 8x as said they will be easier to try and hold steady , I was considering the compacts when I got the minox last year as a spare / car pair but for what it is the 8x42 gathers more light

Already got a pair of 7x40 SLC
& a pair o military self focusing Zeiss 7x40

But neither are truely pocket binos & a bit o weight

I was thinking I work all over world & fancy a light pocket pair for working abroad .....last job was in jungle in Gabon & wish I had a pair that were truely pocket sized

Was thinking 8x myself

Paul

What is the difference (other than obviously the size) between a set of these compacts and a normal set of comparable specs (8x40)? Also, has anyone that has or tried a set like in the link for the price ever compared them with the 1100+ pound ones from Zeiss (or?)? Is the difference really worth 1000 pounds? Getting aggravated with my 10x set and want 8x... thinking I may as well get something that will fit in the pocket if they are just as good as normal size. Just noticed that the 8x42's are quite a bit more than 10x42...

Thanks...

I have a pair of Minox BV 8x42's and was lucky enough o compare them to a pair of Swarovski's last year whilst stalking with John Robson. It was 'Fallow Dark' as John put it, so we tried comparing my cheap £165 pair to his 'oh my God, how much?' pair. There was a very slight difference but that was all.

another quickie for those in the know.....

whats the differnece between "BF" & "BV" models?

paul

Back