The Hunting Agency

pheasant sniper 1

Having just had my BASC mag through the post and had a read of the hunting packages offered by Roo..

I was wondering if anybody else off the site was looking to experience some hunting in slightly warmer climates.

The prices in the mag cover transfers accomodation,food etc and flights are £800 ish..

Ive spoken to Roo this afty as the 7 days Etosha or 7 days Natal is appealing to me..

I recon a trophy Warthog,Springbok,Gemsbok,Kudu and Steenbok for £2995 aint a bad offer.. Or do you now better ;)

Is anybody else looking to do something this year as would be good to travel with some company??

PM me if you prefer

Regards

Terry

I'm giving it a try this year - off to Etosha View for just over a week and then on to Skeleton Coast for fishing for the remainder of the fortnight. I wold say you could join me Terry but it will be my Honeymoon... I managed to push it this far but I don't think she'll agree to that!

Booked it through Roo back in August, and I have to say, he couldn't have been more helpful. He even travelled to meet us in London so we could talk plans and show us some pictures etc...

We were hoping to be out in NZ for the roar in April running our first hunting trip, but fate has gone against us due to family illness :cry:
However, it does leave a trip to the Sika show in Taupo open later in the year :D

Quercus said:
I'm giving it a try this year - off to Etosha View for just over a week and then on to Skeleton Coast for fishing for the remainder of the fortnight. I wold say you could join me Terry but it will be my Honeymoon... I managed to push it this far but I don't think she'll agree to that!

Booked it through Roo back in August, and I have to say, he couldn't have been more helpful. He even travelled to meet us in London so we could talk plans and show us some pictures etc...

Congratulations and ATB fella..

Speaking to Roo this afty he certainly seems a nice guy..

Sounds like a dream Honeymoon..

Wishing you both a lora luck and happiness..

Terry

Hi Max

Thought i would take a look at your chosen quarry..

:eek: :eek: its the bottom paragraph that makes Heartbreak Ridge in Scotland look like a small rise thats given me the shivers..

Got to say.. The links ive looked at certainly look like you will have earned your beast :eek:

Hunting Siberian Ibex in Russia, Central Asia and Mongolia
Hunts for Siberian ibex, also called Asian ibex take place in Tuva, Krasnoyarsk and Altai regions of Russia, as well as in Kyrgyzstan, Kazakhstan and Mongolia. There are several subspecies of this magnificent animal, different mainly in size and color.

Siberian ibex is responsible for the name of the species. This mid-size ibex is found in Sayan and Altai mountains of Russia and Mongolia, with trophies having horns between 110-120 cm. Hunting is difficult due to steep and rocky terrain.
Gobi ibex is found only in Mongolia. This is the smallest of siberian ibex. The hunt is easier than for other subspecies of ibex. Usual elevations are about 2000-2500 meters (6500-8000 ft.)

Mid-Asian ibex is the biggest subspecies and also the most numerous. It is found in several countries. Mid-Asian ibex lives at very high elevations. However, the hunt is not the most difficult because the mountains slopes where it is hunted are not too steep and the horses are used extensively. We organize mid Asian hunts in Tyan Shan mountains of Kyrgyzstan, in Pamir mountains of Tajikistan and Altai mountains of Kazakhstan. The best trophy ibex can be found in Kyrgyzstan, where trophies may have horns in excess of 130 - 140 sm. (51-54 in.).

Ibex hunters must be in decent physical condition, should be able to travel extensively on horseback and climb to elevations up to 4000 meters (13,000 feet) and higher. Shooting distance is usually around 200 meters (220 yards) but the shots at 300-400 meters are sometimes required.

:eek: :eek:

So are you up for it mate ;)

You did your homework but did you pick an outfitter :confused:

Cheap it aint but it has to be a hell of good hunt and hopefully get the trophy first time round, unless you get the taste for it and decide to go back again :eek:

Max

Sounds like a real adventure, Heartbreak Ridge a meer molehill jesus sat here breaking out in cold sweat just thinking about it Terry :eek:
Mind it's the sort of thing we would all be doing if the Lotto comes up sadly well out of my pocket at this point in time, if you get out there we will be all wanting a blow by blow account.

im using the same company for a eastern cape plains game hunt in may 2012 after i return from afghan ive only exchanged a few emails so far and need to sort details over phone but they seem ok let us when your going and how you get on mate

I spoke with Roo a number of times this year as im hunting cape buffalo next year, not with the hunting agency but i did contact them to discuss what that could offer and found Roo to be very helpfull. His packages for plains game are certainly good value and i may take them up in the future.

Back