Rfd reloading service

Tomm

I thought I had read on here that there is a rfd who will work up a load for your rifle and then load you rounds at a cost, I was hoping to get a load worked up for my .243 using 87gr v-max. Thanks all

Thanks all. I will get in touch with those few and see about dropping off my rifle etc. has anyone done this? If so what's the cost compared to factory ammo. Thanks

I have all my ammo loaded by Crockett at custom cartridges and have done for years, wouldn't entertain anything else now. Certainly not as cheap as factory but I think worth every penny and the service is second to none !

Does anyone know if this is a viable option for those with "lead free only" stipulated in their contract?

Mine says "factory loads only" - would rounds loaded by a RFD qualify?

I'll obviously ask the question of the organisation issuing the contract, but wondered if anyone else here already knew.

Does anyone know if this is a viable option for those with "lead free only" stipulated in their contract?

Mine says "factory loads only" - would rounds loaded by a RFD qualify?

I'll obviously ask the question of the organisation issuing the contract, but wondered if anyone else here already knew.

I would say that such ammunition is commercially loaded so the size of the "factory" wouldn't really matter would it? Also any responsible commercial loader should be able to produce the necessary certification regarding tests carried out on samples done by one of the proof houses shouldn't they.

P.S. The insurance premiums for those loading on a commercial basis must be a bit of a crippler, after all that's what put Howitzer bullets out of business some years back.

Last edited:
Have now contacted a few people and will probably be getting some rounds made up in the next few weeks to try. Some companies take the mic mind you. One company wanted 350 quid or there about just to find a load that works. Is it me or is this way to much just for finding a suitable load. I don't want one hole groups just under an inch would do me, thanks

Back