need help with which roof mounted spotlight to buy

lightforce hands down.

I am just modifying the 2 i have here to make them more low profile as we use them on multiples of vehicles.(both the mounts are the scope mounted ones modded to fit to the T bar as they are better built than the handheld ones)

i have also removed the cable (and replaced it with a more supple cable) as its very stiff and can cause problems if you're a heavy user.

both are 170's with the sucker roof/T bars and the other is a handheld 140 also cable removed and modded for sweeping the area faster.

bob.

other than that they are by far the best out there bar...........................none IMO:

I got the light force and had a problem with it shorting out inside the handle, had it rewired with a better cable it is now faultless, no leaks
atb

phil

cheer for the replies so far.

are tracer lights any good? also are there any LED lights that people use.

I've used a handheld tracer 170 and they're OK, not quite as solid feeling as the LF though. I've got a LF170 in the roof of my truck and I love it, shootable out to 300 with an amber filter on a good night!

Has to be Lightforce nothing comes close, remember if inside the cab
check direction of roof support brace ! (drop headcloth ) you may have to
offset the hole on one side a little.

Rgds Buck.

had "the best roof lamp on the market" so they said. and it was better than that link above.

about as welcome as a cordite fart in a sleeping bag and about as controllable as a 2 year old in a Porsche

bob.

So you don't want to buy my roof suction cup mounted, cable remote control lamp then Bob :p

Neil. :)

So you don't want to buy my roof suction cup mounted, cable remote control lamp then Bob :p

no no no and no.

i had the top of the range rota light with a square lamp and all the filters, the tracking was a fast as you like but trying to follow a moving target was a nightmare. so in all honesty it was not that good at all.

bob.

went down a different route. I bought a night master gun mounted lamp. it is awesome :)

Last edited:
no no no and no.

i had the top of the range rota light with a square lamp and all the filters, the tracking was a fast as you like but trying to follow a moving target was a nightmare. so in all honesty it was not that good at all.

bob.

Let me guess, your crap with radio control planes as well :p

To be fair this works fine, no problem with scanning a field or following a target.
I just don't use it anymore as I have a NV monocular now.

Used a Hella roof mounted lamp for last eighteen years , swapped from truck to truck well made and reliable ( stainless and brass construction ) . Not cheap to buy though .

When you use a Hella roof light you might as well hold a candle in front of you. Lightforce is the way to go if you want plenty light to see with

Back