Hogden

the scudd

hi just off the phone to local rfd, he tells me hogden powder is hard to get. is there any truth in it. thanks

If only one of the American members had issued a warning a some years back about an impending shortage of components! :evil:

Oh, but wait.... And one memorable PM accusing him of storm crowing ended with, "Nonsense! My dealer says No problem!". :rolleyes:

Good news: This American can tell you that the supplies of powder seem to be normalizing so hopefully things will be better for you guys soon.~Muir

If only one of the American members had issued a warning a some years back about an impending shortage of components! :evil:

Oh, but wait.... And one memorable PM accusing him of storm crowing ended with, "Nonsense! My dealer says No problem!". :rolleyes:

Good news: This American can tell you that the supplies of powder seem to be normalizing so hopefully things will be better for you guys soon.~Muir

He he

Yea as if?
I stocked up on your advice, still have 3 pots of H414

It appears that quite a lot of American powders are made in Europe, so why not change to them?.
I was told that Hodgdon Reloader 15 is Norma 203B repackaged and I expect, if you dig around, there will be other examples.
Peter

hi just off the phone to local rfd, he tells me hogden powder is hard to get. is there any truth in it. thanks

Have you been hibernating mate or out of the country. :lol: Old news I'm afraid. I take it you haven't had need of re-supply for some time so haven't had contact with your local RFD.

American branded powders have been like that for some time fortunately we are better supplied with European and Australian powders which are often the same powders just packaged differently, or are even better in some ways in particular cost.

It appears that quite a lot of American powders are made in Europe, so why not change to them?.
I was told that Hodgdon Reloader 15 is Norma 203B repackaged and I expect, if you dig around, there will be other examples.
Peter

Reloader 15 is not a Hodgdon power. It's Alliant.~Muir

Peter

I don't know where Reloader 15 comes from but Reloader 17 is manufacured in Switzerland and is currently marketed over here as Elcho 17.

I find it very frustrating that many of the Hodgden and IMR powders manufactured in europe that are not available to us, are shipped by the container load to the USA and then shipped back under the either manufacturers banner, we then having to pay up to 3 times the USA price for the pleasure!!

Ian.

But many of them are its just a matter of knowing where to look and not dismissing unfamiliar names. The biggest part of the problem is the distribution system in this country with the big two Edgar Brothers and GMK having such a dominant position in the market to the detriment of the smaller importers. On top of that some companies such as RUAG and Winchester dismiss the U.K. reloading market as being too small to bother with.

Tell me again AFTER its in your hands.
I have travelled miles after being told its in stock, then when you get there after a 30 mile drive, "well the computor shows stock but there isnt any on a shelf"

I find it very frustrating that many of the Hodgden and IMR powders manufactured in europe that are not available to us, are shipped by the container load to the USA and then shipped back under the either manufacturers banner, we then having to pay up to 3 times the USA price for the pleasure!!

Ian.

Which of the Hodgden and IMR Powders are made in Europe?

Yorkie.

Gave it up and voted with my feet, now use Vhit and Ramshot, will never go back, too much time wasted chasing it.

Back