Thread: Carbon Fibre Christensen Arms Rifles

Carbon Fibre Christensen Arms Rifles

Just saw the March copy of Shooting Sports and read the article on Christensen Arms all carbon tactical rifles ( I want One)

Has anyone seen or had any experience with one. There only 4K mind you !!

I've had the 308 demo. rifle to try out. Incedibly accurate, deceptively light to carry - but can't understand where the recoils gone!. The Laws of physics cannot be ignored, but shooting it with 160gn factory ammo was amazing. Felt recoil was less than my .243 - which also wears a TET mod: so is it the 'new' mod - or the rifle design?.
    Dunno - but I've got mine on order (LH 18" .308).

If they made them in a .204 id buy one tomorrow.

took a client out with a christensen blazer r93 in .308 , very light very quite but most of all very accurate
    regards andy

They're absolutely fantastic. The carbon fibre stocks are the best I have seen and the whole package is remarkably light. As already stated they somehow manage to defy physics and the felt recoil appears to be less than a heavier rifle. Beautifully made and as accurate as they come. I'd like one very much.

Fired one in .30'06 and quite liked it.

Got to be careful with the barrels mind, they turn the steel barrel down so far that excess firing can cook them a bit, despite the propaganda about the CF wrap dissipating the heat.

As for toughness.....

And accuracy:

Owning a gun or knife and not using it, is akin to not sleeping with your girlfriend to keep her neat and tidy for the next bloke.

I had one in .300 RUM. Sold to an SD member. I did not rate the stock at all, flimsy with shocking bedding. Shot it once with its original stock and then dropped it into a KKC stock. Bottom metal was very poor for an expensive rifle so changed that as well when re stocked. Would I have another….. Nope.

For 4K you could have a custom rifle made with a much better stock and a carbon wrapped barrel.

You can buy the stocks from here just down the road from me they are very light and gorgeous to look at