The International Stalking Directory

Si

There seems to be a recent influx of overseas members in the Introduction section.

Austria, Norway, Turkey, Africa, Romania, Michigan just to name a few

I enjoy reading about hunting abroad (as I'm sure most members do) and how it differs from ours, so please give these guys a warm welcome so they will share their stories with us...

And explain to them how to upload photos
;)

I welcome them , but lets keep discussions to stalking in the UK or maybe the mods could set up an international hunting page page?

I welcome them , but lets keep discussions to stalking in the UK or maybe the mods could set up an international hunting page page?

Why? Its really interesting reading about boar hunts and mouflon or hunting down under in Australia, so why limit it? If you don't like it don't open the thread!

Why? Its really interesting reading about boar hunts and mouflon or hunting down under in Australia, so why limit it? If you don't like it don't open the thread!

I`m not saying don't allow international hunting discussions ,but create a new heading for this subject to be discussed.

There already is one.... under "other types of shooting".... wild boar, big game hunting

That's not very welcoming is it, this sort of attitude does more harm than good, it is no wonder that people will not come on here for fear of having their posts ridiculed or just made to feel unwelcome in general. This site is open for all no matter where they come from and there are enough different forum headings to cater for all types of shooting. I like to read the way it is done elsewhere in the world, as I am sure many others do, all I can suggest to you is to do as already has been stated, if you don't like it don't read it.

Just lately the aggressive, argumentative, confrontational, call it what you will tone has been creeping back into many of the threads on here and it is not wanted. I know I have said it before and have not really been over zealous in policing it but, future behaviour that is out of step with that of common courtesy, will be dealt with in a suitable manner. We waste many hours of our own time on here each week sorting out matters that are bought to our attention via the "reported post" procedure, it looks as if we are not being robust enough in our dealing with these matters, we shall obviously have to get tougher. It will save us a lot of time!

John

I can only echo what my colleague and co owner JAYB has said in his above post. The hunting community (or deer stalking) as we call it in the UK, is international.

AND it is a small world out there, many on here including myself are quite familiar with some of our overseas members, and if we are not they inevitably know someone who knows of us. Therefore we welcome all deer stalkers, recreational, professional/hunters/guides/PH'S/park managers, call them what you will or like they are all welcome on this site.

I am a member of a small hunting forum from Bavaria; although I don't post on it very often, they always seem to be polite and friendly; they don't even laugh at my German!
The same forum has members from Australia, America, South Africa, and quite a few other countries.
With the advent of this new internet thingy, it is inevitable, that eventually, any semi-decent forum is going to become an international 'meeting place' or 'market place' where different ideas, methods and techniques can be discussed and debated.
As Sikamalc says, someone, somewhere, in different countries, will know us, or know of us, and mention us to other people they know, whether it be good or bad.

What you don't want to know about the women I've had since moving here:eek:. Apart from hunting I've been doing my bit to further international realtions :D.

Hmm. a lot of posts that relate to stalking in Scotland will have to be moved to the 'International' section if they leave the UK then! :popcorn:

That's not very welcoming is it, this sort of attitude does more harm than good, it is no wonder that people will not come on here for fear of having their posts ridiculed or just made to feel unwelcome in general. This site is open for all no matter where they come from and there are enough different forum headings to cater for all types of shooting. I like to read the way it is done elsewhere in the world, as I am sure many others do, all I can suggest to you is to do as already has been stated, if you don't like it don't read it.

Just lately the aggressive, argumentative, confrontational, call it what you will tone has been creeping back into many of the threads on here and it is not wanted. I know I have said it before and have not really been over zealous in policing it but, future behaviour that is out of step with that of common courtesy, will be dealt with in a suitable manner. We waste many hours of our own time on here each week sorting out matters that are bought to our attention via the "reported post" procedure, it looks as if we are not being robust enough in our dealing with these matters, we shall obviously have to get tougher. It will save us a lot of time!

John

You've misinterpreted my post , I genuinely welcome all comers on this forum , my suggestion was to have some different headings within the forum ie Stalking in the UK and Hunting Overseas.

John
been a member for some time and have noticed the forum growing substantially, this can only be a good thing for the vast majority of members. However a small minority of members openly turn many threads into a slanging match with their bully boy tactics, which is NOT good for the site. Definitely needs to be a cull on those that turn informative posts into bun fights by the administrators and owners of the site, they after all own and run the site. deerwarden

On a personal level I find some of the most interesting threads on the forum are those discussing hunting abroad. As a result I'm now working my way through a 'bucket list' of foreign hunting trips. The more threads on hunting outside the UK the better IMHO.

I for one very much welcome the International flavour. I have made some very good friends both on SD and on other forums. I think the similarities between hunters around the world far and away out number the differences. Actually have found the same amongst mountaineers and para glider pilots as well. I am certain that through three or four forums I can go most places in the world, meet locals who share my enthusiasm and have a brilliant time. And will happily reciprocate to others.

The more the merrier.

Its allways a good good thing to broaden your horizons. You never know you might find yourself in the fortunate position I was in last November on a tower in a German forest waiting for the boar, fallow and roe to come through the forest. All courtesy of a German member of this forum, who I now class as a good friend.

Open your eyes guys there is a big world outside the uk regarding hunting!!!!!!

Jon

Open your eyes guys there is a big world outside the uk regarding hunting!!!!!!

Jon, that's the reason for starting this thread.... Last October I had one of the best hunting experiences ever when I spent the day with a group of Turkish boar hunters. They picked me up, made me breakfast took me out on a hunt then shared their lunch with me, all the time putting up with my "Del boy" Turkish and dropped me back off at the bus station and refused to take a single Lira for their trouble.

We can learn a lot from our International friends ;)

2P Worth
We are all hunter/stalkers or just enjoy this site ,so do's it matter what part of the world the story's come from ! i for one enjoy them and would like more from them , also the kit that is used and how it differs from the uk stuff like what bullets "n" loads, boots stuff like under armer what's it like in the real world with no film crews ?
. i understand what some mean you only have to read world wide hunting sorry meant stalking/sporting rifle !! :tiphat:

Last edited:
On a personal level I find some of the most interesting threads on the forum are those discussing hunting abroad. As a result I'm now working my way through a 'bucket list' of foreign hunting trips. The more threads on hunting outside the UK the better IMHO.

MJ75, you helped me out with a recommendation/advise on Wild Horizons with Guy Swartz, after a bad experience with another P.H. that cost myself and 4 other friends a huge amount of money and lost trophies, the availability of information found quickly on the site is invaluable to the members. deerwarden

Why?, turn over of membership will be due to members getting bored with the same old stuff. After all you can only discuss UK shooting until it becomes repetitive, that's what happens with all the shooting mags, ask shooting times!

been a member for some time and have noticed the forum growing substantially, this can only be a good thing for the vast majority of members. However a small minority of members openly turn many threads into a slanging match with their bully boy tactics, which is NOT good for the site. Definitely needs to be a cull on those that turn informative posts into bun fights by the administrators and owners of the site, they after all own and run the site. deerwarden

+1:thumb:

Back