Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Under and over poor at ejecting

Under and over poor at ejecting

My Under and over is poor at ejecting and it has been since new
    took it to the gunshop he replaced the springs, went to the clay ground and it was just the same
    Went back to see the chap in the shop who showed me it ejecting snap caps like a good un
    He is going to have another look at it for me
    Anyone had this problem, your thought please

Humans are pre wired with fight or flight response
    Great Grandad fought, Grandad fought.
    For the sake of my Grandchild I wish for Less Flight responses entering Europe

my browning O/U does this with some brands of cartirdge. try out some others. or like me just live with it.

I'm with Andy on this one, I had a 1000 cartridges which just would not play ball, on closer inspection they were buldging ever so slightly, causing them to stick in the chamber!

Give a a different brand a go.
    Grampian Guns (RFD)
    Independant Moderator / Supressor Suppliers
    ..........for those who like a quiet life !
    Our mission.......Customer satisfaction......plain and simple.

My Berreta 20 bore has the same problem, "turbo" springs were fitted and made the issue better, but is fussy with plastic cartridges, 12 bore by the same maker has no issues whatever. deerwarden

Seems to be a problem with a lot of 20 bores

The small the cartridge the bigger the issue they expand more when fired and grip into the chamber more.

Very few offer ejecting 410s for this reason. Number of times 410 users will find a brand won't move in their chambers on older guns and need a roof to tap them out.

mine is a 12 bore any ideas how to improve things
    Are stronger springs available
    Humans are pre wired with fight or flight response
    Great Grandad fought, Grandad fought.
    For the sake of my Grandchild I wish for Less Flight responses entering Europe

Have a look at the kickers norm the springs will be ok , what o/u is it! I also carry a chamber brush with me and clean out the chamber after an outing helps reduce the crud build up and the case's grabbing i also use a light oil light such as 'Browning Legia Spray' to aid slick case movement.,sticky cases while in a clay comp are maddening .
    Last edited by paul o'; 09-03-2014 at 13:45.

Clean the chambers with a Phospher Bronze chamber brush, give them a good soak then a good scrub. Then wipe out and oil as per usual. As Paul O states its a good idea to have a bit of lubricant handy, this wont prevent the problem but offers temporary relief.

What sort of gun?

Section 161 of the Highways Act 1980 (England & Wales) makes it an offence to discharge a firearm within 50 ft of the centre of a highway with vehicular rights without lawful authority or excuse, if as a result a user of the highway is injured, interrupted or endangered.