FAC arrived :)

Have a .308 I'm buying from a friend (browning A-bolt, synthetic stock) and have a pecar 4x42 waiting to go on it and just need to sort out a moderator. Will be looking for something like a CZ452 or similar and will now need to call my local gunshop to see what they have in stock.

Not sure on the .223 yet, which was put down as a fox calibre. May just get lighter rounds for the .308, will have to think on it further.

Have moderators listed for all of them too.

had my feo visit 2.5 weeks ago still waiting ,Avon and Somerset .
wish it would hurry up got deposits down on 3 rifles .

Considering a spartan mod for the .308 from Third Eye tactical and just this evening won a pecar Champion 6x42 on ebay which will go on the .22 but could be switched to the .308 if I go somewhere for longer range stalking. currently my woodland is fairly short range stuff.

Have a .308 I'm buying from a friend (browning A-bolt, synthetic stock) and have a pecar 4x42 waiting to go on it and just need to sort out a moderator. Will be looking for something like a CZ452 or similar and will now need to call my local gunshop to see what they have in stock.

Not sure on the .223 yet, which was put down as a fox calibre. May just get lighter rounds for the .308, will have to think on it further.

Have moderators listed for all of them too.

Stick with one 308 load and get used to it.....what kills a deer will kill a fox!

Bike for sale soon??:D

Happy days!!! I've yet to see a forum post entitled FAC arrived that hasn't had the word shopping in it :D .. Mine certainly did!

mine arrived thursday ,now ive been shopping today its a disease .want for a rifle trouble was it was ukcustomshop an they make the predator 8 mods,bugger another 220 quid gone.then i saw the bipods ,more dosh.now ive put a scope on and a sling cheap rifle my butt :doh:

Sounds like a decent enough shopping list. Love my .223 (Howa 1500 Varmint with thumbhole stock) and will be taking it out in the fields tomorrow morning, leaving my .22s and .243 back on the rack. Good fun to shoot and very easy to handle, particularly with the Wildcat mod.

You could always get one for a bit of fun target shooting?

.308 privi partizan sp 150 grain only 12.75 a box if u buy 100 at countryman of derby ,cheaps as is chips.lotsa peeps on here use n recommend em.im trying em next sunday .ex army ammo is cheaper but theres so many differing opinions on it .a job for :popcorn:whilst everyone argues pro,s n con,s on it

That's great, thanks for the info. This may be a silly question but I'm new to this, obviously but I'm assuming that, as you have to have ammo put on your license when you buy it, that it has to be bought face to face and that you can't by remotely from another shop that has better prices but might be at the other end of the country?.

I have a few boxes of Federal ammo coming with the rifle when it arrives so I'm good to at least get started with that. Have just checked the website of my local shop and they stock ' Fedral, Sako, Winchester, Remmington, CCI and Partisan to name but a few.' so I'll pop over there at some point and check out what they charge for PP. I need to go and see what they have in stock in the way of .22LR rifles anyway :)

Given the small number of ammunition slots on the license form, I'm guessing people tend to stock up with a bunch at any given time otherwise you'd be sending the paperwork back every few weeks/months depending on how much you shoot. If you purchase different types at a single time (say some .308 & some .22lr) it can go in the same box for a single purchase?

Yes ammo is face to face only. It can be transferred rfd to rfd but high transport costs tend to rule this out as a economically viable solution.

My rfd writes really small to try and fit as many ammo transactions into the boxes as possible (ie not just one transaction per box).

That makes sense, thanks. Neat of your rfd to do that, I'll have to make sure to get people to do the same. Cheers.

You'll find different rifles CAN shoot better or worse with different ammo.....try and get small batches of different ammo 'til you find one your rifle likes....but whatever you use...practise..

Back