Cluson Gun Light

blaven

I'd been agonising over choosing a scope-mounted gun light, getting bogged down with specifications, beam length, duration etc. etc. The rabbits here are now very wary and come out at night only. I was confused and becoming more reluctant to part with my money in case I made the wrong choice. Just before Christmas I walked into my local farmers' supplies stores for something else when I saw a Cluson box containing the MLS-1 Masterlight kit. At the salesman's insistence (I didn't need much persuading) I opened the box and had a good look. With the vat. knocked off, I persuaded my wife to buy it as a present. How glad I am I bought it!! Superb, bomb proof, excellent beam. The scope clamp is excellent, if not the most elegant, but it makes for speedy mounting/dismounting, with minimum faffing adjusting the beam when you set it up again. Highly recommended. Rabbits' eyes really shine when locked on. I find beam length statistics for lamps a little superfluous here on the west coast. There is often so much moisture in the air at night that, after a certain distance, all you can see is a fog of water droplets.
Is it worth investing in filters I wonder, and which colours work best in which circumstances?

i use a master light on foxes where i can see eyes to about 300yrds but to be honest anything over 150yrds and identification is hard but the light seems very soft and the foxes will often come right in the only problems ive had with mine was the battery gave up the ghost but i replaced it with a nightmaster one and havnt had any problems since, but i just cant get on with the mount infact now i dont even take it and just shoot one handed of the quad sticks

i use a master light on foxes where i can see eyes to about 300yrds but to be honest anything over 150yrds and identification is hard but the light seems very soft and the foxes will often come right in the only problems ive had with mine was the battery gave up the ghost but i replaced it with a nightmaster one and havnt had any problems since, but i just cant get on with the mount infact now i dont even take it and just shoot one handed of the quad sticks

Interesting. The mount is ungainly I agree. My light is positioned to the side of my Scope to allow clearance for ejection. What tips have you regarding filters?

as soon as you start putting filters on you will reduce distance,a bit late in the day now i know but you might have been better buying a modified visable red t-20,deben do a good torch mount,HM 5304,a bit expensive,but 1 piece stays on the scope,the other on the torch and just screw together

Back