Rubbish ( litter )

norma 308

I know it's the time of year ie grass growth and hedge trimming ,but the amount of rubbish / litter on our countryside verges seems worse than ever .i can't remember seeing council litter pickers out and about but who is chucking the crap out of the car / lorry / van window someone is and what a dam mess it's making .if there's not the resources can't the unemployed be paid or community service bods do it or something .am I just having a meldrew moment or is it bad your way too ?
Sorry
norma

Yes it is, I live on a single track road with passing places where people stop to take the view and a bite to eat, then throw their Tesco bag with all the packing from their lunch out of the window. What do I do, I stop and pick them up and dump them in my bin when I get home, no stress.
However not everyone can do that I appreciate, our road is quiet.
Worse than that, I can follow families on a day out in the hills, taking their time along the pony path dropping their empty plastic bottles, chocolate wrappers etc as they go. I pick them up as I follow but was told by the factor not to cause confrontation, especially when carrying a stalking rifle !!!!

What is it with people,they go out to enjoy the open countryside,and leave their rubbish behind and spoil it for the next person. Selfish,inconsiderate,ignorant scruffs.

What is it with people,they go out to enjoy the open countryside,and leave their rubbish behind and spoil it for the next person. Selfish,inconsiderate,ignorant scruffs.
And then have the Gaul to tell us what we can and can't do in the countryside !

In Thetford Forest, idiots pick up their dog's ****, bag it, then hang the bag in the nearest hedge or tree or just chuck it by the side of the trail.

It defies belief and logic. There's no need to pick up dog **** in a wilderness, and if you do, why multiply the environmental damage by leaving the bags of **** hanging like baubles on trees?????????

The general increase in flytipping is in part due to councils reducing collections of bins and restricting what can go on their tips in recycling centres. That, along with a general increase in pig ignorance in society.

Last edited:
My niece was at a local carpark when the chav family in the next car emptied the takaway wrappers out of the car as they were leaving, quick as a flash she grabbed it and threw it back in the car window, saying "you dropped something" they drove off sheepishly.

I took my lad home tonight and a fridge and cooker in the layby that wasn't there this morning just a couple of mile from the CA site which as lotus eater has said was probably closed .
Norma

we have miles of beaches ,spoilt with plastic come from all over the world,where do you make a start ,all the piers on Shetland have skips for fishing boats to put there galley rubbish and they get well used ,and we have beach and verge clear ,but still it comes .

I know it's the time of year ie grass growth and hedge trimming ,but the amount of rubbish / litter on our countryside verges seems worse than ever .i can't remember seeing council litter pickers out and about but who is chucking the crap out of the car / lorry / van window someone is and what a dam mess it's making .if there's not the resources can't the unemployed be paid or community service bods do it or something .am I just having a meldrew moment or is it bad your way too ?
Sorry
norma

only thinking the same myself last week it looks awfull I hate to see it
I did see the litter pickers out though towards the local town bag after bag of it
regards pete

We have a MacDonalds 5 miles from the village, this is out of town and their crap ends up everywhere. Once or twice a week a load of McD's rubbish gets chucked out of a car on my road going into the village as it is just the right distance from McDs to finnish stuffing their ignorant tw*tish faces whilst driving along then chuck it out the window.
The really sad thing is that it is more than likely someone from the village doing it, perhaps teenagers. I'm not sure what I'd do if I caught the little turds.

what would the come back be, if bus loads of unemployed were shipped out with a packed lunch to litter pick .

Down here in Sherwood Forest the FC have spent thousands on mountain bike routes. It is a disgrace, what was once a large quiet part of the forest, is now accessible to all. With the masses comes the rubbish, they are happy to carry a full bag if food on their bikes into the forest, but then leave the remains. I do not understand how their minds work.

I was was out with the family last week at a National Trust site near Sherwood and someone had stuffed a multicoloured golfing umbrella under a bush at the side of the trail, just because it had blown out and snapped one of the spines. The mooron who left it there clearly has no respect, but it amazed me how many other families walked buy it without removing it. Needless to say we carried it back to the car with a load of other rubbish; lead (the kids) by example I say.

I see it only getting worse.

We have a MacDonalds 5 miles from the village, this is out of town and their crap ends up everywhere. Once or twice a week a load of McD's rubbish gets chucked out of a car on my road going into the village as it is just the right distance from McDs to finnish stuffing their ignorant tw*tish faces whilst driving along then chuck it out the window.
The really sad thing is that it is more than likely someone from the village doing it, perhaps teenagers. I'm not sure what I'd do if I caught the little turds.

It now seems to be common policy for youngsters to sit in their cars in McDonald's car parks, stuff themselves and then dump all their packaging complete with half eaten food out of the car on to the floor before driving off... The lazy gits are too bone idle to throw it in the bin!

I once returned to my car after shopping in Tescos, a car near to mine had four young blokes in it eating chicken drumsticks, as each finished a drum stick they then proceeded to throw the bones out of their open car window... I was about to tell them what I thought of their behaviour but then thought better of it!

Only today I saw an empty drinks can being thrown from a moving car onto the main road after the passenger had had his fill.

alas the world seems to be full of lazy little slobs!!

we is lucky here the a38 is community payback central so is cleaned regualary but the lanes to it aint,MC,D,S chavs want feeding to the pigs .every laybye in the area has bins why cant these chav tw..s pull over n bin it.:cuckoo:

It's the way the world is going I am afraid. See it all the time down here & that sad thing is that an increasing number of the rubbish dumpers don't even know or care that they are doing wrong. If they dump rubbish in the city then sooner or later someone will come along to clean it up; if they do it in the countryside then quite often this is not the case, especially on the B & C roads.

I was speaking to a Swede the other day about this sort of thing & they were saying that until kids go to primary school ( a good few years later than we send them here) they go to places like what he called a 'Forestry School' where they are all taught to respect the countryside, not to litter or otherwise mess it up, get to know the trees & native animals etc.. different world from here.

Last edited:
I am sitting upon a very comfortable swivel office chair at the moment.
Some kind person left it and a black bag of household waste at the end of a ride at my local Roe-stalking.
I brought both home and the council had an extra bag to remove on bin-day at my house.
One mans waste can be another mans gold at times.

HWH.

Back