info on argo cat

nemo

ive got the chance of an old argo and could do with some tips on maintenance and where to obtain a wkshop manual cheers jon

jon
how old exactly and wot sort of condition is it in?
as i may be able to help
ATB

jon,
if you want to spend more time maintaining your argo than stalking then buy an old argo..
8 sets of chains to tensioners
16 grease nipples
16 wheel bearings
Crap engine.
Crap brakes
Every one needing attention after every trip!
They weigh 500kg and when you get them stuck,they are a real b**ch to get out..
One of the problems with the old ones that are fitted with a Briggs & stratton engine is they back fire constantly..

enjoy..

regards
griff

I would love one of these! Not the fastest but very good!
They come in many variants even as a game cart!

Works now! :oops:

Chris Rob said:
deer man said:
stone said:
that's a crap link :lol: :lol:

Is that because you want one!? :rolleyes:

The link doesn't work that's why! :confused: Oh & he's already got one, 4th post down! ;)

http://www.thestalkingdirectory.co....days=0&postorder=asc&highlight=buggy&start=15

see
told you about that link :evil:

cheers Chris
did do a little search for that link , but hey ho
beat me too it :lol: :lol:
the iron horse is a great tool for extraction, i think i hav seen pics of it used for moose ;)

I,ve got a Järnhäst (iron horse) . Great bit of kit for light logging and dragging out shot moose. Doghound has a photo of his moose loaded on the machine. Mine has a winch on it that is very powerfull for the size of the machine and you must make sure you have it strapped to a tree when pulling out bigger logs. Very good for soft ground.
Iwould go and take a photo of it but can't be bothered to clear the snow away from the barn door and its to bloody cold ;) .

Back