.22 mod a little noisier than normal??

Tulloch

Was out last week shooting rabbits and noticed the sights were off, obviously not knowing by how much as it was at night in the lamp and in very gusty wind, I am not surprised it is off as the rifle had dropped twice before the outing. So decided today to take it down to the range and see how much it was off. HAHA you would be surprised how much, it must have been out by about ten clicks up and left but hey!!

Anyways before I took it out I gave the rifle and the mod a good clean and oiling last night just to make sure. Noticed however today that its usual little pop was a little louder than normal, however not nearly as loud as it is without it.

Wondering if it is time for a new mod or is it just cause I gave it a really good clean???

I use RWS Subsonics through it.

Whats your thoughts??

If it is a Parker and Hale one and you have cleaned out the cup washers it will take a box or two of subs before it 'softens' the noise fully again. Or it just could be the rounds traveling a little faster, Winchester Subs these days seem to come in a 'Cilck, phut, bang and crack all in the same box with the mod on.

If it is a Parker and Hale one and you have cleaned out the cup washers it will take a box or two of subs before it 'softens' the noise fully again. Or it just could be the rounds traveling a little faster, Winchester Subs these days seem to come in a 'Cilck, phut, bang and crack all in the same box with the mod on.
I think you might be right it is a Parker Hale one, I made sure everything is tight , I put about 60 rounds through it today and it did seem to soften after a while so you could be right.

It is weird one or two rounds did sound like they were dead rounds but obviously weren't , I will take out it out for some more shots maybe tomorrow and put more rounds through it and see if that makes a difference :)

just check when assembling that everythings lined up , shake it tap it , put rod in,etc if its the one with washers and a spring it will do that every time you clean it no worrys,try a sak i put my 17 one on mine and its quieter, ps make sure its not 17 specific my saks go on both, atb doug, oh and as bewsh says dont clean it,:doh:

All good Thank you guys much appreciated , I never usually clean the mod I usually just do the rifle , mainly when am bored give everything a good clean , I just wanted to make sure that I had everything lining up and nice before zeroing :)

Back