Halal slaughter

Status
Not open for further replies.
This subject crops up from time to time.... usually ends up with the thread deleted and people getting banned for racist comments.

If has been done cleanly and efficiently I have no issue with it.

Having seen the whole cycle from field to plate, there is more potential for stressing the beast during the loading onto lorries, driving for miles and then handling the animal through the lairage and up the kill shute.

There are bigger crimes in the world to get excited about. This is just more interfering bull**** from special interest groups.

If has been done cleanly and efficiently I have no issue with it.

Having seen the whole cycle from field to plate, there is more potential for stressing the beast during the loading onto lorries, driving for miles and then handling the animal through the lairage and up the kill shute.

There are bigger crimes in the world to get excited about. This is just more interfering bull**** from special interest groups.

Did you watch the video? It takes a lot longer to bleed a cow out than say a sheep. Can't seriously say that transit is potentially more stressful than when you are bleeding out,(even if it is for a shorter duration)?

Although my main problem with it is that theres no need for it when you can just captive bolt them..

Not saying your opinion is wrong btw!

This was covered on Country file the other night also, well with sheep anyway.

I can't see why this is allowed to happen.

Last edited:
Did you watch the video?.....w!

No, but I have seen it up close enough to get splashed in blood.

You are correct, it is not pleasant, and I would prefer to see the beast stunned. However, I am not going to jump up and down every time some crypto communist animal rights nut says I should.

Nothing in the process of converting live animals into dead meat should be taken lightly, weather that is slaughter in the abattoir, deer stalking or trout fishing.

No, but I have seen it up close enough to get splashed in blood.

You are correct, it is not pleasant, and I would prefer to see the beast stunned. However, I am not going to jump up and down every time some crypto communist animal rights nut says I should.

Nothing in the process of converting live animals into dead meat should be taken lightly, weather that is slaughter in the abattoir, deer stalking or trout fishing.

Fair point!

having spent nearly 20 years working in slaughter houses i can honestly say its one of the sickest things i have seen happen , i personally refuse to slaughter in this way and would have no part in it . This type of slaughter is big business here in England and i can't see us following in the Danish footsteps of banning it .Why should this carry on when there is suitable ways to properly stun the animals first is beyond me ? Even some of the FSA vets i have worked with say its cruel and inhumane
andy

It is odd why the RSPCA steer well clear of this subject, I can only think because it is religious.
So it got me thinking...
It is MY belief that the meat I eat should be slaughtered at my own hands. If we were all to adopt the same principle then how would that be any different from
people that believe the meat they eat should be halal.
If I believe it, then is that my religion?
If it is then surley no one has the right to tell me that my religion is wrong?

I think i am right in saying ALL NZ lamb is now slaughtered halal, easier for them to slaughter the lot that way to save sorting out the export to diferent places.

See no need for it, when everything is there no need not to stun the animal first. Sure i read somwhere some supermarkets now stock alomst entirely halal meat for same reason as above saves a lot of hassle and most christains/others don't really care.

Amazing how all the big animal welfare charities steers clear of this argument

Stick to only buying bacon u should be ok:thumb:;)

Last edited:
Amazes me how animal welfare goes out the window when religion is involved!!!....if a christian did the same act on an animal it would be illegal.....completely wrong on all accounts!!!!

I think i am right in saying ALL NZ lamb is now slaughtered halal, easier for them to slaughter the lot that way to save sorting out the export to diferent places.

See no need for it, when everything is there no need not to stun the animal first. Sure i read somwhere some supermarkets now stock alomst entirely halal meat for same reason as above saves a lot of hassle and most christains/others don't really care.

Amazing how all the big animal welfare charities steers clear of this argument

Stick to only buying bacon u should be ok:thumb:;)

The humane slaughter association campaign against it...............

:ban:No need for this method whatsoever. Bolt or electric tongs are the only two humane practises that should by use IMO

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back