Trigger upgrade on cz452

foxyrich

After taking the stock off my cz452 to adjust the trigger and finding out it wasn't easily adjustable I have ordered a trigger kit from rimfire magic.

Has anyone upgraded the trigger on a cz and did it make much improvement?

After taking the stock off my cz452 to adjust the trigger and finding out it wasn't easily adjustable I have ordered a trigger kit from rimfire magic.

Has anyone upgraded the trigger on a cz and did it make much improvement?
Hi foxy just be careful dont make it too light,check utube theres loads on there shows how to do it , be safe atb doug,

done it on 22lr 17 hmr and my pals 17 hmr, got mine really light, breaks at 4-6oz. but my pals breaks at 8oz and its lovely out rabbiting, they all break like a piece of glass,

I've had the £10 Rimfiremagic kit in my CZ since very shortly after I bought the rifle. The kit goes in quite easily, just a couple of pins to drift out. As has been said, err on the side of caution with which of the springs and bushings you use. But it makes a better trigger, removing the awful creep from the original.
Triffid

Sounds good, it never really was a problem all summer last year but after having a good winter using the centre fire that's light and adjustable it's very noticeable once I picked it up the other night.

i have measured it and currently breaking at 4lb so want to take it lighter hopefully.

i don't like them really light as most shooting is done in the field.

Does the kit cone with an array of springs then?

Sounds good, it never really was a problem all summer last year but after having a good winter using the centre fire that's light and adjustable it's very noticeable once I picked it up the other night.

i have measured it and currently breaking at 4lb so want to take it lighter hopefully.

i don't like them really light as most shooting is done in the field.

Does the kit cone with an array of springs then?

all my shooting is also done in the field, and I got given mine from a very kind member on here, but there was an array of springs and shims.... and it worked well, just takes time to get it as you like it.

also be carful when tapping out the pins,

i had a lad here last week and he had broken one of the shoulders where the trigger is held on, to heavy handed and is now looking at a new rifle,?

bob.

and as mentioned to light and it can be very dangerous

this is the area he hit way to hard and with the wrong sized punch,

View attachment 39171

bob.

I fitted a rimfire magic kit to my CZ455 last month and its made a big diffrence. I used the middle spring which they say is 1.7lb which is loads better than the stock but not too light.

I spent a good while tapping it and cycling the bolt and safety just to check it did not fire it's self.

Well worth doing

Enjoy

Michael

also be carful when tapping out the pins,

i had a lad here last week and he had broken one of the shoulders where the trigger is held on, to heavy handed and is now looking at a new rifle,?

bob.

and as mentioned to light and it can be very dangerous

this is the area he hit way to hard and with the wrong sized punch,

View attachment 39171

bob.

Trigger blade is about £40 from Edgar's. if they can be bothered to get one.
Best answer is just change the complete trigger for a Timney, that way you get a decent trigger that doesn't rely on any CZ parts.

Neil. :)

out of curiosity, why did you guys change your trigger? Was it too hard? Too abrupt? I have to say i have no problems with my 17HMR. Unless of course I know no better as I have never fired one with an after market trigger...

out of curiosity, why did you guys change your trigger? Was it too hard? Too abrupt? I have to say i have no problems with my 17HMR. Unless of course I know no better as I have never fired one with an after market trigger...

Because the stock trigger is not that great, you can use a shim kit to get rid of some of the pre-travel
and a lighter spring will lighten the pull, but even then you will have over travel which in stock form is not adjustable.
Yes you can drill and tap the rear of the trigger guard and use a set screw as a trigger stop to eliminate the over travel
but then you can't easily remove the bolt, without removing the screw, not ideal.

Fitting the Timney unit will give you a trigger that has a clean crisp pull with no over travel, that once adjusted will stay
as you set it, for years to come.
This unit also does away with the standard trigger sear, it's pivot pin and the nasty ball and spring that retains it.
There is another replacement trigger, much cheaper, but it still uses the standard sear assembly, and still makes no
allowance for adjusting over travel. Lets face it the CZ trigger may be good compared to many other rimfires, but it's
rubbish compared to most c/f rifles, and most of us complain bitterly about them.

Neil. :)

Lets face it the CZ trigger may be good compared to many other rimfires, but it's
rubbish compared to most c/f rifles, and most of us complain bitterly about them.

I must be one of the chosen few in that case :) I have no complaints at all about my stock trigger; I have no idea what the pull weight is on mine, one day I opened up the rifle, and wound the nut in the trigger unit down; whether it made a difference or not, I don't remember.
I was trained to shoot on military firearms though, and have only rarely used a firearm belonging to anyone else, so as a previous post says, I may just not know any better!
I was ALMOST tempted to try reducing the trigger weight once, until I read about, and realised that I was going to have to knock some pins out, and that put a stop to it. I am also one of the kids that the teachers advised not to try doing woodwork or metalwork :D If something needs a gentle tap with a hammer, I will always use a hammer that is too big, and hit too hard - I can't help it!

Well I ordered a kit yesterday and turned up in today's post...

Just fitted the new spring and left the collar as I don't suffer with creep, all done in about 20 mins reassembled and tested safety and bump test and all looks good.

i went for the middle spring, just tested with scales and breaking at around 1.8-2lb so all looks good. Will test live over weekend and see if its maybe a little too light but first impression is massive improvement.

I have a Timney in my Mod 2 Brno -same as the CZ452. No creep, no backlash, just a very crisp clean break. Feels just like my Heym and is adjusted to same weight of pull.

Use the middle spring, which is just about right. I did use the lighter spring at first but you only had to give the trigger a dirty look and it went off. Far too light,
bryn

Well I ordered a kit yesterday and turned up in today's post...

Just fitted the new spring and left the collar as I don't suffer with creep, all done in about 20 mins reassembled and tested safety and bump test and all looks good.

i went for the middle spring, just tested with scales and breaking at around 1.8-2lb so all looks good. Will test live over weekend and see if its maybe a little too light but first impression is massive improvement.
Have fun and be safe another satisfied cz customer, they are bomb proof , cheers doug,

timney is a awesome trigger. rimfire magic kit doesnt get rid of the creep just makes its better. if u want a faultless unit the timney is worth all its money

Back