Thread: Strangest place you have brought a gun?

Strangest place you have brought a gun?

Following on from jamross65's post about buying his latest rifle at Dobbies, I was wondering what other strange and unusual places people have brought guns.

Quote Originally Posted by jamross65 View Post
    ...a Remmy stainless action bedded in a McMillan stock, fitted with a Jewell trigger and a brand new a-tec mod.
    I met him at Dobbies in Newcastle the other night and he hands me a bag containing, a box of A-max 155 grn, a box of 110grn Speer HP, a box of 165grn Sierra Gameking HP, a box of 110grn A-Max...
    My only unusual one was at about 9pm one November in a motorway service station.
    After I had met up with the seller (the father-in-law of a friend), we both drove over to a quiet part of the car park under a street light to do the deal. It is quiet difficult trying to discreetly but properly examine a gun in the boot of a car. Then satisfied that the gun was all as described, we sorted the paperwork, I passed him a roll of notes and left with a long black box.

I brought mine with me last time I went to Scotland...

45 acp Colt Gold Cup National Match from a RFD at Leicester forest east services on the M1!

i bring mine every time im shooting,

Sold an AYA No.2 in the car park outside Ikea at Lakeside. The good old days!

going up to work on lewis in the 80si missed a train connection in Glasgow due to a train breakdown got into queen st station hours late and everywhere was shut no chance of a b&b with the dog with me lol , i had to 'sleep'(yeah right) on the station with two bags one with the barrels and the other with the stock and forend in got a train out at about 6.30am i was knackered
    a barony original

I bought my .22 Colt Woodsman from a French speaking gunsmith in Geneva. He was wearing a kaftan and he sent his assistant out for ice lollies for everybody...

Not one I would expect... I also got chatting to a couple of saudi girls at Geneva airport when collecting my long black box after flying back... Did not anticipate that one...