Strangest place you have brought a gun?

Oh6

Following on from jamross65's post about buying his latest rifle at Dobbies, I was wondering what other strange and unusual places people have brought guns.

...a Remmy stainless action bedded in a McMillan stock, fitted with a Jewell trigger and a brand new a-tec mod.
I met him at Dobbies in Newcastle the other night and he hands me a bag containing, a box of A-max 155 grn, a box of 110grn Speer HP, a box of 165grn Sierra Gameking HP, a box of 110grn A-Max...

My only unusual one was at about 9pm one November in a motorway service station.
After I had met up with the seller (the father-in-law of a friend), we both drove over to a quiet part of the car park under a street light to do the deal. It is quiet difficult trying to discreetly but properly examine a gun in the boot of a car. Then satisfied that the gun was all as described, we sorted the paperwork, I passed him a roll of notes and left with a long black box.

going up to work on lewis in the 80si missed a train connection in Glasgow due to a train breakdown got into queen st station hours late and everywhere was shut no chance of a b&b with the dog with me lol , i had to 'sleep'(yeah right) on the station with two bags one with the barrels and the other with the stock and forend in got a train out at about 6.30am i was knackered :rolleyes:

I bought my .22 Colt Woodsman from a French speaking gunsmith in Geneva. He was wearing a kaftan and he sent his assistant out for ice lollies for everybody...

Not one I would expect... I also got chatting to a couple of saudi girls at Geneva airport when collecting my long black box after flying back... Did not anticipate that one...

Back