204 ruger case trimmer

6mmAI

hello there, im just wondering what you guys use to trim 204 Ruger cases? I use a lee case trimmer for my 222rem and 6.5x55 but cant find one for 204. do the exist?

any help would be very welcome
cheers Charlie

hello there, im just wondering what you guys use to trim 204 Ruger cases? I use a lee case trimmer for my 222rem and 6.5x55 but cant find one for 204. do the exist?

any help would be very welcome
cheers Charlie

as far as i know they don't make one for the 204. or the 20 tac,etc.

sorry

bob.

I use a Lee quick trim which come in 204 ruger. It's pretty cheap and chearfull but does the job and is spot on accurate. I think I paid around £20 - £25 for the trimmer and press die.

spottsman of derby carry them and also a more expensive alternative for the 204.

I use the Forester Classic hand lathe, interchangeable pilots for all calibers, job well done for sensible money.

cheers gents, I will have to have a look and get fully set up for reloading, and also is it worth uniforming the flash hole?

charlie

cheers gents, I will have to have a look and get fully set up for reloading, and also is it worth uniforming the flash hole?

charlie

Uniform the primer pocket and debur the flash hole, yes is the answer for best consistency.

Steve.

what process do you go through while you reload for your 204? step by step if you don't mind sharing with me....

charlie

Quick tumble and then Neck size and de-prime
Ultrasonic clean
Long Tumble
Cut to length and debur/chanfer
Prime
Charge
bullet seat
Shoot.

I anneal and full length size on the 4th or 5th load

Steve

do they do a crimp die for 204?

no need to crimp a 204 the neck tension should be fine if you prep your cases as we all do,

ps: you asked Tomm if he still had the 204 cts case trimmer, he has said yes?

bob.

ah right ok cheers, and ok il go have a look, it didn't come up in new posts so hadn't realised.

charlie

Back