Anyone had their swaro scope lenses re-coated?

PointBlank

Has anyone had to have the lenses on their swarovski scope recoated and if so have you any idea of the cost? A winter of wet weather and using everything but the right cloth to wipe the lense hasn't been kind to my scope! :(

send them in. you never know, they may service them for free like they have with my scope just last week. Same issue as you.

What you want to do sounds prohibitively expensive. However, I have heard good things about their customer service.

Perhaps, sell it off with the issue stated.

How critical is low light shooting to your style?

Just send it in to Swarovski UK. At best you'll receive it back F.O.C., at worst they'll give you a quote for the work which you can accept or refuse before they commence.

If the latter I doubt it will be too expensive as I have always found Swarovski to be excellent when undertaking any work on their own brand pre-owned optics. Last year I sent in my battered and very well used 26 year old SL 8x56 binos complete with de-coated and chipped lenses for a refurb. They came back in 'as new' condition and cost me just on £200 in total. Looking at the parts list I think the only item they didn't replace was the internal frame!

just a thought

is there anywhere out there other than the named manufacturers that do this service.

bob.

Not sure about scopes - but my Wife's Binoculars (they have been owned by us for c. 20 years and were second hand when we bought them) steamed up badly when we were in Sri Lanka last Autumn - I thought it would cost an arm and a leg to have them dried out After a quick phone call to Swarovski UK we sent them off and got them back within a fortnight like new and F.O.C.!!
Got to be worth a try
Ed

Has anyone had to have the lenses on their swarovski scope recoated and if so have you any idea of the cost? A winter of wet weather and using everything but the right cloth to wipe the lense hasn't been kind to my scope! :(

Swarovski service is excellent. Last year they took a significant dent out of my scope and it's looking as good as new for ~£120. I had another scope serviced for a very similar amount.

Regards JCS

Back