Rip clarissa Dickson wright

norma 308

Sad news good old Clarissa passed aged 66 on saturday in Scotland .a supporter of fieldsports and fantastic cook a real good sport .
will try a recipe at the weekend in her memory and of course raise a glass .
norma

Sad news good old Clarissa passed aged 66 on saturday in Scotland .a supporter of fieldsports and fantastic cook a real good sport .
will try a recipe at the weekend in her memory and of course raise a glass .
norma
hmmm two fat ladys, rip,doug,

That is a shame. A strong personality and a definite character. She called a butchers I was working in when doing one of her books and the conversation was very amusing !

we have one of her cooking books she signed for us at the yorkshire show she wrote very unladylike comments on blair i in huge writing across both facing pages , shouting it out as she wrote ,some lass.

Probably the only woman on TV more right wing than I am. Completely non PC and no respecter of the current liberal left ******** consensus.

Thought she she was great.

Bruce w's experience of her is very similar to mine! A real character who will be missed. R.I.P.

Was only watching her the other night in some programme about food in the medieval court. A passionate supporter of our way of life and she took all the crap from the antis that inevitably came her way with very good humour. God bless her.

Yorkie.

You could always catch her at the Game Fair, last time I saw her she was rumbling about on a motorised chair. Sorry to hear she's gone. There should be more people like her that don't fawn to the fads of the day such as political correctness.

She was a true human and a wonderful person. Too many years ago I met her at a cookery school that I was attending. The 1st thing she ever said to me was "young man ! Gosh, what on earth are you doing here ? Are you lost or is my luck in ?"
We had a brilliant time, and when this very smart but way too uptight lady asked the question: "Clarrisa, do you know of any truly splendid dishes that could form the centre piece of a large banquet table". She looked at me and asked me to share a recipe with her. I made one up on the spot for braised fox. Lovely. The woman actually believed me and Clarissa though it was hilarious but never interrupted and stopped me. For all I know this lady will have possibly got her cook to serve it.
Very sad news indeed, her life was made good use of and she certainly did not waste it. She died far too young though.

Kind regards, Olaf

Last edited:
One of a kind...who to take on her mantle now though?

I fear that in the world of polished celeberity pr we might never see the like again

Thank you Clarissa

I had a short chat with her at a game fair a few years ago when we bought her book “Clarissa and the Countryman”, what a colourful character. Laughed so much and walked away amused for the remainder of the day.
Just checked the book and found that she hadn’t signed it, yet I know that this was what she was asked to do before we got talking. Like others have said one you will remember when all the other so called flash “celebrities” are long forgotten.

Last edited:
Back