Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Scammers !

Scammers !

I spend a fair bit of time on the Pigeon Watch forum, and in the past the AirgunBBS.
    I've just read of more scammers tonight.
    I am amazed how brazon some of these scammers are, selling the same Guns on different sites,(guns that dont exist).
    Asking for uncrossed postal Orders etc.
    Being a Newbie myself it makes me feel very uncomfortable as I enjoy buying and selling, well buying really, through the classified sections.
    Has this forum been affected by the crooks ?
    Hopefully similar forum's will and do work together to find these scum people.
    Thats my 2 bobs worth anyway.
    Cheers Mick

Yeah man, SD actually has a team of "Chaps" that go around after the scammers. Hence there's not a lot of it goes on here.

We've also got a nice big grinding wheel out the back if your axe needs a touch up.
    Owning a gun or knife and not using it, is akin to not sleeping with your girlfriend to keep her neat and tidy for the next bloke.

Ouch but funny !
    Lock em up !

I think we all get them.
    Pratts offering me a new free boiler, a new fitted kitchen or wanting me to be friends on Facebook with numerous people .
    I never go on Facebook or similar sites as my business is private and I prefer it that way.
    On here I have met many good people and have not been robbed yet.
    Sometimes an odd plonker pokes his snout into matters that do not concern him/her but that is life.

Mickyh, there is a guy around your nick of woods who keeps registering on shooting forums and tries to con people...

Watch out for tigger on Pigeon Watch. He was Mongoose on here.
    If anyone knows him under any other name,please shout up.

I'll certainly keep my eyes open.
    I know of a couple of lads got caught recently but the punishment that the court handed out was ridiculously soft.
    They had been at it for years.
    Brothers I think?

Quote Originally Posted by Psyxologos View Post
    Mickyh, there is a guy around your nick of woods who keeps registering on shooting forums and tries to con people...
    Snot me Gov. !!!

Anyway if I'm not chasing Pigeons, Rabbits or Foxes I'll be at work - or asleep!

Yes. His name is Ray Goodsell. Do you know him? He used to be 'Mr You' in here. Since then he has used 1000 different user names. He is always found out soon enough, though...