Swarovski scope losing zero!!!!

Davidfranklin

3 month ago a purchesed a brand new Z3. Put it on 243 went out zeroed it smack on at 100 yards. Couple nights later missed a sitter at about 150 yards. Sitting face on in lamp (fox) thort somithing was up so went next day in day light to check zero and was 4" to right and abou 1.5" high. Thos has happined 4 times now resulting in me missing 4 foxes. Every time checkin zero the folowing day and it been out by gd few inches. should aye send it bk and get another zeiss????????? HELP

Sorry should of said checked mounts and moderator. Just had a MTC on top before and never had a problem odd one that was missed was always down to me.

In that case Just call them feller, that was part of the deal in buying a top ££££ scope the back up .

Think ill be on the phone monday. Will this scope be sent away for repair and leave me with out a one for few weeks?

i would say yes depends on how good the shop is ,my pal got a zeiss from swillingtons and would not hold zero and they just posted him by return top service.

Zero again, give rifle a good shake, and re-check ?
I have a Z3 on my .22 hornet, been there a couple of years now, zeroed it once and it has never moved no matter what.
I'd be much quicker to blame the mounts myself.

Neil. :)

Start with the basics, double check the mounts, double check the action screws are tight, then shoot the square to see if the scope is applying consistant movements for applied changes.

(shoot 3 rounds, apply 20 clicks of right windage, shoot 3 rounds, apply 20 clicks of -ve elevation, shoot 3 rounds, apply 20 clicks of left windage, shoot 3 rounds, apply 20 clicks of +ve elevation, shoot 3 rounds. This will show a square of groups with the first and last being on top of each other. If not then the scope is FUBAR)

As has been said, I'd be inclined to blame everything else first. Do whack your old scope on to check though.
I have never had a Swarovski lose zero other than recently when I attached a lamp mount and it shifted poi about an inch high.

I would do as long_range_bob suggests and shoot the square, but I would do it without the moderator on the rifle so as to remove one more possible variable. If you have only recently purchased the scope from a dealer rather than have it repaired you can ask that they replace it if it is found to be faulty. Whatever happens you won't have any problems with Swarovski as they are an excellent company but even the best scopes go wrong occasionally.

swarovski

call them and explain that you will be without a scope, its quite possible they will send you one to use while your own is away. that's what they did with me when I had to get my bins fixed

Back