late renewal

pete evans

anybody handed in a renewal later than the requested 60 days? someone i know has just submitted 50 days but is supposed to be helping in a 3 day cull the day after expiry. Doh.
any anacdotals appreceated,
its thames valley police.

pete evans said:

All I can say is God help them. Thames Valley has not got the best of reputations :rolleyes: .

However if it's getting close and no sign of the FAC then he should demand a Temp permit to remain legal ;) . It won't help with the Cull but at least he won't be in illegal posession.

My local constabulary failed to sort my certificate out last renewal (their fault not mine it was sent in plenty of time) as a result I had to put my guns into storage at my own expense!!!!! Not chuffed it took them about 3 months to sort it out

david1976 said:
My local constabulary failed to sort my certificate out last renewal (their fault not mine it was sent in plenty of time) as a result I had to put my guns into storage at my own expense!!!!! Not chuffed it took them about 3 months to sort it out

fcuk :eek:

Brithunter said:
pete evans said:

All I can say is God help them. Thames Valley has not got the best of reputations :rolleyes: .

Have to speak as I find of late - and they are now blindingly fast with FAC/SGC renewals. Mine took about two weeks from submission to plopping onto the doormat. Someone at Kidlington now has a real grip on the process of firearms renewals.

KevinF.

david1976 said:

WOW :eek: I had a slight delay in getting my renemal 1 time the
fac dept said dont worry about it we have your paperwork its our
problem not yours thanks for getting in touch and carry on.

no one needs uneccesary agro

Orionsarms

ORIONSARMS said:
david1976 said:

WOW :eek: I had a slight delay in getting my renemal 1 time the
fac dept said dont worry about it we have your paperwork its our
problem not yours thanks for getting in touch and carry on.

no one needs uneccesary agro

Orionsarms

Very true the aggro is not only not wanted but not needed at all and it only takes some eager plod to call and your in the shite up to your neck not matter if they have your paperwork of not. You cannot produce a valid FAC and you right in it. Not worth the chance so hence the temp permit.

Oh they'll howl and say it takes just as long to do a temp permit as a FAC but that's their problem not yours and your only abiding by the rules and the law. As it is they are quick enough to try and catch you out so I don't trust them one bit.

For instance I knew I was moving to come and be dad's carer so
I got in touch with the Firearms derpt in Lincs and traveled up a month before the move and we had a "site meeting" about security and they were their usual dictatorial selves and totally unhelpful they even had part of my file sent up by Surrey. I moved and informed the issuing county of the fact and some weeks after the move Lincs turn up and claim I never informed them of my move and Surrey didn't know where I had moved too :eek: .

So they were going to prosicute, when it was all pointed out to them they tried to give me a written warning and were told to take a very long walk off a very short pier :mad: and they reluctently dropped the matter.

If I had accepted the warning even though I had done nothing wrong do you think I would have a ticket still now?

No way hose. They also tried the not re-newing on time routine and I asked for a temp permit and they said it's not needed so I demanded one as is right under the law and rules. I also got a quote for storage and said if the temp permit was not forthcoming the storage fees would be their responsiblity due to their not doing the renewal in a timely manner. Strange thing is suddenly my renewal was done just like that :rolleyes: .

I try to be helpful and also obey the rules and the law but they make it very hard to comply and they also like to alter things like I had to send my ticket in as it was full no space left for ammo purchases when I got a clean one back they had altered some of my ammo holding s so I now had more in stock then my licence allows. This was pointed out and their answer is dispose of the ammo or bullets or surrender them :evil: .

I now have ammo tins in storage :mad: .

Just sent in my FAC to TVP before christmas to have it opened up, included a covering letter stating why I wanted it open and it was back with me in 4 days!!! Well impressed!

My missus (despite much nagging on my part) left her SGC renewal until about a month before it's due to expire and she rang Kidlington and was told not to worry, should be OK but to review a couple of weeks before it expires if she hadn't heard anything and they'd sort it out. We'll find out in the next week or so :eek: :lol:

I had through my own fault put in my last renewal a bit late, I was left with no certificate during the renewal process :rolleyes:
I contacted them and was told not to worry as it was in the process of being dealt with.
I said it was quite disconcerting, they sent me an official letter stating all this and were really good over the whole process.. good old Derbyshire Constabulary :D

put mine in the week before Christmas for a Jan 31st expiry.
Lothian and Borders.

Previously excellent service and very helpful I have no concerns but then its only the 12th!

They did throw one referee back at me as not being within the guidelines, despite him having been my referee 5 years ago in teh same force!
turned out the "administrator" who contacted me dind't know his @rse from his elbow and they retracted the rejection with a very muted apology that wasn't really an apology!

Late renewals

When we do something wrong, & claim ignorance, we are swiftly told that ignorance is no defence! :lol: , sadly this does not work the other way around as they would be seen to be wanting, so boys & girls it's a case of do as I say not as I DO! :rolleyes:

In certain circumstances you can apply/ask for a temp licence, due to no fault of your own...

- staffage problems @ flo
- proof of post helps .
- herdsman
- slaughterman

Back