Competence

Scipio Africanus

I joined the BDS nearly 40 years ago & achieved one of their earliest Woodland Stalker's Certificates. Thus equipped I went forth...... &
I have since been fortunate to shoot many animals on 4 continents but feel at a disadvantage when advertised stalking opps require DSC 2 paperwork.
Should I get back to the "classroom".....?

Alas yes,

While the paper work doesn't make us good stalker it does provide a audit trail for landowners that we are trained. Go with an open mind, enjoy the company of your fellow trainees and once "qualified" keep up to date if new training is offered, that's a lot less painful than having to restart.

Alas yes indeed!

Ever puzzled by contemporary need in all spheres for paper certification- by commercial providers of same - which proves, of course, something between very little & absolutely nothing. (e.g. negative police CRB checks on Soham double killer). But an unavoidable sign of the times.

Much prefer personal testimonials/recommendations.

Alas indeed Scipio.
I gained all my qualifications years ago like yourself, but sadly have had to hand over more money to update them.
However it has shown some deficiencies in my education having to update them, so my advice is get them done, if only for yourself.
Providing you've done your meat game regs, then DSC1 is assessment only and was a doddle.
DSC2 has proved a bit more troublesome as ditching old habits/bad practice takes more time.