Thread: ipad mini.

ipad mini.

Hi guys,

Thinking on getting a ipad mini, the wife has a normal ipad but I fancy treating myself to a ipad mini, I like the look of the smaller compact version.

Anyone have one, are they basically the same as the normal ipad apart from size, are they any good?

Any cons?

I made the change 2 weeks ago.
    ill not go back to the full sized one now. When it first came out I thought, what a waste, it's only a few inches bigger than the iPhone.

wrong. It defiantly suits my life better. Smaller & lighter, so it goes in the top pouch of my daysack, thinner, lighter so it's easier to hold.
    only possible thing I'll miss the screen for is when I use it as for chart software when sailing. But I'll live with it lol

I was in a work trial with iPads had full size for a year when they went to iPad as bau they bought in iPad mini.
    Not really noticed any difference apart from if I use the wife's iPad3 it looks massive,as to carrying it around lot easier as said and with a good cover think it is better protected.

I'm on one now, what I will say is go for as big a gig as you can afford, you can soon fill them up, I also went for the new retina display but to be fair can't really notice the difference between it and the old model!

Was looking at the retina mini yesterday. I'm going to upgrade from my old iPad 2 one its been on evil bay.

Wife has mini iPad & loves it more ergonomic for her etc
    nearly bought 2 as I wanted a tablet but I only surf , email & movies on a plane etc as I travel wi work I bought a google nexus 7 same memory size .
    Her 32gb mini iPad was 350 quid
    my nexus 7 was 199 quid
    do I regret it ?
    Not at all !!!! I like her iPad but my nexus does what I need & if damaged or nicked whilst on my travels not so bad
    i think they smaller tablets better more mobile

Cheers thanks guys,

what is the best app for doing like a word document etc?

any suggestions?

Cheers fellas

Best word app?
    Pages. Definitely.
    You live and learn........
    .........or you don't live long