Car Dealers

WAYNE DAVIES

Distinguished Member
Hi All

This is sort of stalking related due to it being my shooting vehicle, but I had to have a moan somewhere ;)

You would think in the present climate car dealerships would be fighting for any business they could get wouldn't they???????

I've been thinking about changing my L200 pickup, so over the Xmas break I had a ride around the local dealerships in Herefordshire and Worcestershire.

I'm probably going to stick with another Mitsubishi but thought I would check out the opposition as well.

Here's how it went :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

I started off by going to the local Mazda dealers as my mate Andy has one and it seems quite a nice truck, they never had a single pickup in stock :eek: said "they don't sell many, they did have one but they sold it" :idea:
Then he said if I wanted to see one go to the Ford garage and look at theirs as they are the same.
What a salesman I wish he would go and work for our opposition :lol: :lol: :lol:

Next a trip up to a very big Toyota dealership.

I thought this will be different?? Hundreds of cars in stock :lol: guess what hadn't got a single pickup in stock :evil: the salesman said he thinks they have one but one of the managers has taken it home for Xmas but he would get some one to contact me in the new year :lol: :lol: :cry: :cry:

Ok I thought bugger the other makes I'll stick to the Mitsi, fair play they had three in stock. The chap was very helpful and said he would sort me a price out see what was available in the new year and be in touch. :D :D

Next I contacted a huge Mitsi dealership in the next county who advertise special deals on L200's.

The chap rang me back took my vehicle details and said he would get back to me with a price ;)

Well here I am two week's later and I haven't had any contact from any of them :evil: :rolleyes:

It makes me wild, the b*****d's don't deserve any business. :mad: :mad:

Anybody had similar experiences

Atb
Wayne[

Hi Wayne, it seems all major dealers have no pick ups in stock, Not sure why but all seem to be the same.

If I were you I'd go for the Toyota, I have one and think it is excellent, along with many others, look at Paul T and his stalkers, they are drive them.

A few friends have the Rodeo, never again they say, and judging by how little you see them around makes me believe them.

Ranger is cramped inside but is quite a economical buy.
Navara's, well lets not go there!
Mazda, friends got one, trying to sell it ( well has been trying for about 7 months) with no interest at all.
Never been in L200 or have any mates with one so can't comment.

Have a mate in Toyota commercial who can strike you a good price if you want, pm me for more info.

Hi Sam

Cheers for that.

I do like Paul's Toyota but to be honest this snowy weather has reinforced my liking for the L200.

I've had it in 4wd permanently over the last 2 weeks and it's the only pick up that can do this with out fear of diff wind up.

My L200 is still warranted for 12 months so I think I will stick with it if they cant be arsed to ring me back :rolleyes:

They just made me mad and I had to have a whinge :oops: :oops: :lol:

Cheers Wayne

Hmmmm let me see :-

It ain't broke don't fix it

As for car dealers :mad: I liken em to Polititions

If their lips are moving they're lieing :evil:

Hi Wayne,

try the new Isuzu Rhodeo. I have had the LE one from new, nearly 3 years old now and I am well impressed. Much more room in the back than a Mitsi. The only problem is that Isuzu agents are not thick on the ground, but I have had good service, and the vehicle has now done in excess of 41,000 miles in less than 3 years and not had any problems.

Prices for the basic crew cab model start at about 14k I think, rising to 20k for the LE model.

ATB

Sikamalc

isuzu

hi wayne i have an isuzu and its done me great for 3 years now, i was thinking of changing but is does every thing i want so it stays with me for now. the only two others would be the new navara (its a different motor to the old one) or the toyota. ive never had anything to do with the L200
but the old one stunk. the navara has supprised me over and over again. Last week we pulled a land rover out with a navara and it had road tyres, i never thought id see that. so they are worth a look

Hello Wayne,

I purchased my previous couple pickups (Nissans) using an online dealer. Total pleasure to deal with, so easy and delivered to my door. I went down this route after visiting the local Nissan dealer with the intent of doing deal there and then; I was told by some knob in a shiny suit, "unless your paying the price on the screen we wont sell you one" unbelievable!!!!! A few hours later I had ordered online 1500 cheaper. Easy.

My current pickup (L200) was sourced locally, what a complete bunch of ****s; no wonder they went down the pan!! To add insult to injury, it has broken down 4 times; it is just over 2 years old and covered 22k! And trying to get it fixed by them under warranty was nightmare; No Sir its not ready yet, almost done, just waiting for a new part, whilst they lent me 15 year old piece of s**t to drive round in!!

Its out of warranty in September, so I have decided to go for a new Discovery to be purchased online!

Cheers

Tom

I have an old Ranger bought for peanuts off ebay :lol:
However I have driven Duncs Nissan Navara back from Scotland was a really good trucks to drive, & he swears by it.
Also drove a Isuzu pickup in Thailand for several large journeys filled with 16 of my friends relations :eek: also beenin Malcs truck several times and found it very comfortable.
I think that we have a real problem in this country with customer service, most salesmen are arogant cocks who think they are gods gift and the world owes them a living.
We have an interesting story about car dealers 8)

I was ging to buy Fran a new Mini from the local BMW garage, they had loads in stock and we had been told they would do a good deal for cash.
We walked in an were promptly ignored, maybe it was because we had arrived in an old Rangey, and had not got dressed for the occasion.
When some snotty power dressed tart did actually decide to speak to us, sorry down to us, it was to tell us her appointment book was full and there was no way to let us take one out for a quick test drive as she was so busy and it wasn't how BMW did things.
So we looked at a couple of models then mentioned for someone with a full appointment book she seemed to be doing bugger all, the reply was something like it was not her place to justify her actions to people who just walk in off the street :eek:
Fran thought a little and told her to stick her mini up her bottom.. quite literally and not so politely, and we would be taking our money elsewhere!
The "sales lady" as we wil loosely call her turns on Fran saying someone like you wouldn't have the where with all to buy one anyhow.
We were gob smacked, what an attitude, we asked for the manager who was just as much a git as the girl & didn't even appologise, so unbelievably he asks well how were you going to pay... :evil:
So we told him, we had cash, real cash, on us in person, told him to go forth and multiply and went and bought the Nissan.
A couple of weeks later my mates old man went in there dressed in his decorating clothes as B&Q is just round the corner, always had Beemers and his was ready for a change, he got the same treatment as we did, so he also called the manager told him he was their biggest client as the buyer for a multinational company and they would be doing no further business.
He walked into Jaguar, they greeted him politely gave him a coffee and he bought several cars of them.. the BMW guy was sacked there is sometimes justice in this world always makes me smile..

Hi - can I join the spleen-venting?

When I last changed my car, I requsted umpteen different brochures online, of which hardly any actually materialised. :evil:

I then started 'doing the dealership round'; most of them must have a job interview which consists of the following questions:
- are you capable of ignoring a potential customer for huge amounts of time whilst you gab to your mate?
- are you capable of knowing virtually nothing about any of the cars you are tasked with trying to sell?
- can you consistently get the customer's name wrong, even though they repeatedly correct you?
- can you fail to follow up a lead?
If you answered 'YES' to all of the above, then great!! When can you start? :evil: :evil: :evil:

To be fair, 2 dealers were very helpful - VW and Landrover.

I opted for a Discovery3, and the dealership that I use now for servicing etc are excellent - can't fault 'em :D AND they wash all the mud off my car whenever it goes in, saving me finding a sponge!! (my previous car was a SAAB, and the local dealership were sh!te; they had a very different understanding of customer service to me... :evil: :evil: )

Biggest laugh we had was long long ago when I was asked to set up a new business and I was tasked with getting the best deals out of potential users and on a bonus scheme where if I got the deal sorted I was promised any motor I fancied, soo we went round all the ussual super car dealers, Ferrari, Porsche etc.. lovely shiny showrooms much arse kissing etc, exactly what we had expected to see. :rolleyes:
My mate said why not go for something British and fly the flag?
Thought why not so there is an Aston Martin dealership in Derby, so we popped doewn one saturday morning, very nice polite young chap greeted us, we asked about the car I was interested in, he ummed an arred said we do have a couple but as no one asks about them much we keep em in the back.
So he took us through to see a couple of Hundred and odd grand Aston Vanquishes covered in dust, and with stuff piled all over them :eek:
"we can clean one if you are interested in having a proper look", we politely declined thinking is this how all the old Bitish companies eventually faded away :cry:

Only seems fair to have my little rant ;)

Arranged to view a Ranger which was a good few miles away..

On turning up they couldnt find the keys.. :rolleyes:

No problem sir we will bring it to you next day so off i went..

4 hours late the vehicle turns up.. :rolleyes:

Deal is done and ive hammered them for 4 new tyres new tax and MOT plus a full service to include all filters..

Go to pick it up using their seven day insurance deal and it hasnt been done and it also hasnt been taxed..

Not to worry i said.. I want the next full service which also includes changing the cam belt free of charge due to wasting my time,fuel and patience..

Done he says and off i go..

Still under 12 month warranty i complain as clutch release bearing is breaking up so new clutch fitted free of charge..

Still happy with it and its a real tough ditch buster.. :lol:

Terry

Crikey, looks like Wayne has touched a common nerve with this one!! :eek:

This thread could run and run.....

:lol: :lol: Question one on Merlins post jogged a memory cell, not a whole vehicle sale, but the rules are the same for parts staff, I bet more than one on here has had this experience,.. As I trained as a mechanic on leaving school I do my own servicing, on arrival at the parts wholesalers there is a long line of prospective customers, so being a reasonably patient type, I content myself with moving slowly up the line, I notice the parts guys are also answering the phones, not just in between serving at the counter but during dealing with people! :eek: , so my turn comes around, sure enough, the phone goes, he picks it up & proceeds to deal with whoever is on the line, even to the point of stacking some of the order on the counter in front of ME!, so I pick up a copy of the last sales invoice from the tray & dial the number with the moby, guy further down the counter picks up! RESULT! I ask him would he like to finish serving me!, should have seen his face! :lol: :lol:

Think I have started something here :D :D

One thing I will add is I haven't had a single problem with my L200 or the service its two years old and done 30,000, off road it p****'s all over the Navara I had before.

I just cant believe they are that busy they don't have to chase business :eek:

Legal, I would have loved to have been a fly on the wall with the BMW guy :lol:

Wayne

Similar story to Finbear I walk into the local parts centre to buy a battery after 5 minutes a grunt walks past and says nothing then a couple of minutes later he walks back again and says nothing then he walks past again with another grunt chatting to each other ignoring me this carries on for another couple of minutes, by this time I am annoyed at being ignored, the next time they walked past the glass display cabinet on the end of the counter somehow fell off onto the floor. They both stare at the smashed cabinet and at me. MY COMMENT (NOW HAVE I GOT YOUR ATTENTION) I get served instantly in there now.

Back