Thread: Electric dog collar

Electric dog collar

hi im looking for an electric dog collar need something thats water proof and has a good distance/range

Would that be a radio collar,........OR one of those things that deliver electric shocks?
    (The Unspeakable In Pursuit Of The Uneatable.) " If I can help, I will help!." Former S.A.C.S. member!

I had one of those that give a mild shock once.
    Tried it on myself, didn't seem too bad so put it on my dog.
    The first time I used it, at a very low level of shock I might add, my dog went histyrical.
    I took it off at the first opportunity and threw it in the river in a fit of anger.
    Never want to see one again.

Berkshire then Dorset now Herefordshire with a good dose of Dorset
    Blog Entries
    View my Gallery (15)View my Gallery (15)
    PM'd you
    “Man surprised me most about humanity. Because he sacrifices his health in order to make money.Then he sacrifices money to recuperate his health. And then he is so anxious about the future that he does not enjoy the present; the result being that he does not live in the present or the future; he lives as if he is never going to die, and then dies having never really lived.”........Dalai Lama

I had to use a shock collar in the end as a last resort , don't like using them but its working big time and theres been a dramatic improvement in a short time since I started.

Hi Jonny I have a brand new pact trainer,still in box with all instructions .Looking for£125 posted
    details here below PAC nDXT+ Vibrate Digital Remote (1 Dog) Trainer - PAC Collars

Let me know.

The key to electric collars is to use them correctly.
    Allow the dog the wear a collar for a few weeks before it gets used. This way they forget all about it.
    Then only use it when trying to correct a problem (not your every day training).
    The sort of this is running after sheep and only after you have tried everything else.
    Just wait for the dog t give chase and then one zap.
    You may have to repeat the excerise but they soon learn and the collar can be removed.