buying from Trade members

Hawkeye 1

Question for the long standing membersif you buy something from a trade member and it turns out it will notdo the job what you expected. And you contact the trade member tosee about returning it and said member will not .
Is there any recourse to sort this ordo you just have to suck it and see..and then make sure the next timeyou get it right. Buyer beware...

I see a lot of unabashed product pushing so I would hope there is a requirement for the tradesperson to make good.

SS

I'm sure it will depend on the bit of kit in question given the fit for purpose status of certain products will always be subjective given the variables associated with end users/operators.

Have a look at the distance selling regulations, which set out when mail/internet sellers must accept returns.

Never mind, beaten to it!

Last edited:
Personally I have never had an issue with any of the trade members on this site or for that matter any of the site members. Every one has been an honourable person and an absolute gent but that is only my personal experience.

Question for the long standing membersif you buy something from a trade member and it turns out it will notdo the job what you expected. And you contact the trade member tosee about returning it and said member will not .
Is there any recourse to sort this ordo you just have to suck it and see..and then make sure the next timeyou get it right. Buyer beware...

Have you bought something .has this happen to you or are you just looking into what could be done in this situation ???????
DJC

Yes this has happened to me,

bobt
i do not intent this thread to be a slanging match thats the last thing i want, and i will not name names ...
I just wanted some advise on what i can do the person does not intend to take the goods back and i am stuck with something that is not fit for purpose..

If they are a Trader the consumer laws apply. Even if they pretend not to be trading but you can prove they are.

If its faulty they should take it back if there is nothing wrong with it and you've just changed your mind then your stuck with it i would say !

If its faulty they should take it back if there is nothing wrong with it and you've just changed your mind then your stuck with it i would say !

If bought online or by phone then Distance Selling Regulations apply. You can send it back for any reason after inspection. You have seven days to make your decision. Then 30 days to send the goods back. You must tell the seller in seven days if you're returning the goods.

If you're in two minds, tell the seller in the first seven days you're unconditionally returning the goods, then use the remaining return period to mull and discuss.

If the seller hasn't agreed in advance who pays for the returns, then he pays.

Last edited:
Yes this has happened to me,

bobt
i do not intent this thread to be a slanging match thats the last thing i want, and i will not name names ...
I just wanted some advise on what i can do the person does not intend to take the goods back and i am stuck with something that is not fit for purpose..

Speak to admin see if they can sort this out ??????

I am with cheshire lad i need to update my membership but i have always had that policy and up to date only had one return but that was not faulty just the way it had been fitted, re fitted it was sorted. I have never aired anything in public why can this not be sorted off air so to speak, any problems i have had i just go round and sort it, hope it works out wayne

Back