Meet up in cheshire

maxwell

Following on from the thread in the social section, as silkadog suggested a post in general discussion may do better.
Open to suggestions, Alderley edge has been mentioned so far!!

Not so much an if, just a case of when and where. I'm based Stockport, Poynton,Macclesfield way, so fairly central.

I'm located right on the western edge of the county, in Chester, I reckon it might be an option to do what the council has done :lol: & split it, I don't see me travelling over to the steaming metrolopi* for a pint, :lol:

If you do have a meet up round there we'll come over as few of my mates live in the area, one in particular at Siddington I've been promising to come over an see for ages.

I hear if you take a few oatcakes you can bribe the border guards Andy an you might even be able to sneak Fster through quarantine :lol:

you cant beat staffordshire oatcakes with bacon cheese and hp sauce! But i dont think half a dozen of them will get fester through quarantine :lol:

Howzabout somewhere like Stretton (near Warrington)? There's a pub called summat like 'The Snoozy Fox' literally 2 minutes from the motorway as I recall (think it's one of those vintage inn jobbies, rather than a 'proper' pub, but it still has beer 'n' crisps!)

Just off the M56, so fairly handy for coming from N. Wales or Manchester side, and only about 5 mins from J. 20 of the M6 (Lymm turn), so accessible for anyone on the North/South axis?

Just a thought.... :confused:

I'll try and pitch up (a) depending upon the eventual location (I'm up in West Lancs), and (b) work commitments.

ATB,

Merlin

PS - I usd to work in Newcastle-under-Lyme when I was a young Graduate Trainee....Oatcakes with bacon & cheese? Mmmm....... :D

Would you be on about the Stretton Fox on the round about on junc 10 M56??
Never been in, but if the timing was right would also come.
Assuming it is an open invite.....

I could manage the junction ten thing, as I am a member of Warrrington rifle & pistol club, & get out there now & again, so does Flyboy 270. 8)

Back