illuminated recticle or not

swarovski

How often would you say it was worth having,have heard some recticles glow too much and a illum dot is best,usually when you lose the crosshairs you usually cant see your target too good anyway, am talking foxes not red stags,advice please, regards swaro

Last edited:
I've turned on my illum dot the last 4 times I was out... The deer seem to be coming out right at last knockings and it gives me another couple of minutes to get off a safe shot. It's got me my first muntie, and first 2 fallow and a roe doe over 4 weeks, so can't imagine buying a scope without

Thanks fart, seems that very few seem to reply to my threads these days :D,wonder why ;),hopefully i will get to look through a nf nxs illum the weekend, not sure who got one in our club, alot have got pm2s :eek:, thats alot of them too :evil:, got one on my wish list lol

Last edited:
I use the illumination on my nxs quite a lot and I think its brilliant, otherwise early morning /evening ithink I would struggle with the fine dot reticle

If you have a chance take a look through a Trijicon Accupoint - the illumination helped late and early in the day, and with the Trijicon there's no battery since it's a combination of fiber optics and tritium giving the illumination.

If you have a chance take a look through a Trijicon Accupoint - the illumination helped late and early in the day, and with the Trijicon there's no battery since it's a combination of fiber optics and tritium giving the illumination.

+1 on these... I've shot the 5-20x50 orange mil-dot at range and it's very good. Not cheap though as only one UK source because they are hard to get out of the US with the tritium that is used on the ret.

Think the sightron is out unless illuminated being a fine recticle and the style

I have a Sightron SIIISS LRIRMOA 6-24x50 ready for the target rifle, and it's a great reticule. Not shot it at more than 100 yards, and only on the BSRC range as it was on the .22-250 which is too quick for MOD ranges, but it was very very nice. I only bought the IR as I was going to knock over some munties with it, but not being able to play on the range brought forward the rebuild, so IR is unnecessary and overkill for target work.

I want it for 1000yd target shooting, longrange varminting and stalking as it will be on my 6.5 06, somebody in the club has 2 24mag sightrons, a moa and a milrad, think he wants 500 for the moa one, will have a look sunday

I have a leupold mk4 with lit reticle and personally think its unnecessary. Wouldn't miss it if I didn't have it but seeing as I do have one I do use it rarely.

Back