Dorset/Avon&Somerset Grant and variation times

Tackleberry270

Interested in the wait times of the above two counties.

A. How long for a grant/renewal?

B. How long for a variation?

A&S renewal was 4 weeks, variation was 3 weeks but It was a little complicated...All straightforward & simple now with the new forms.

With Dorset my renewal was just over six weeks, which was just over 12 months ago.

Last variation was just over a week door to door, that was 2 months ago.

Reading between the lines ( And probably getting it wrong) are you being kept waiting?

9 weeks Avon and Somerset ,and still waiting for fac grant .

I partly had you in mind Neill ! Just wondering what the average was. For an initial grant I suppose 2 months isn't ages compared to some counties. See what other members post and if they are getting them back quicker you will have to chase it to see if they've lost your paperwork !

Reading between the lines ( And probably getting it wrong) are you being kept waiting?

Not entirely. My renewal was back in about 5 weeks. That was a month or two ago. I have some variations to do once I have sold a few of my rifles but I think Dorset are moving offices this week so I don't know how long it will take them to get their admin sorted again!

took letter into firearms dept(A&S) to ask for mentor to be taken off & 243 tikka to be put on my open ticket with other rifles,had it back within 12 days all ok.ATB adrian:)

After some phone calls to HQ and sending in a letter
I sent off my cert on Thursdays and it came back on the next Friday all done ALL calibers open up + a .223 added
Good old Dorset great service
Mark

Last edited:
Strike a light!!!

Variation and request for removal of conditions went in on Monday Sept 8th......arrived back Sat Sept 13th!!!!!!:eek::eek:

All calibres (inc a "biggie") opened up and restrictive conditions removed!

OK...so the "discussion" regarding the removal of conditions had started in April 2014 but fair play to Dorset, once they agreed it was super quick!

Well done Dorset Firearms Dept!

Back