A shabby and greedy railway franchise....some would say

enfieldspares

Maybe as I have done we can write in and make comment about this rather silly little jobsworth working for East Midlands Trains?

Their contact is 08457 125678.

Or e-mail getintouch@eastmidlandstrains.co.uk

I'm just asking what sanction or penalty has been directed against the officious and odious member of staff that was involved in all this?

Guard Threatens to Throw Serving Soldiers Off Train

An East Midlands Trains guard refused to honour the Ministry of Defence warrants for the four soldiers from the Intelligence Corps.

The men, who had left Helmand for two weeks’ rest and recuperation, arrived on a flight from Cyprus, which was diverted from RAF Brize Norton in Oxfordshire to East Midlands Airport. The four soldiers from 11 Light Brigade were dropped at East Midlands Parkway station to catch the 8.06pm to St Pancras on Jan 7 2010.

The ticket inspector ordered them off the train because their warrants were made out from Oxford station.

An MoD source said: “They were still dressed in desert combats and were carrying their kit bags but the guard told them to get off the train and refused to let it leave. The train driver even offered to have the men travel at the front of the train with him. No one on the train could understand why the ticket inspector was being so inflexible.”

The soldiers were unable to buy tickets because they only had US dollars and the train was the last service to the capital that evening.

The guard threatened to call the police until another passenger, who gave his name only as Mr Parkes, stepped in and paid for four full-price fares at a cost of £150.

An MoD spokesman said: “While still in Afghanistan, troops returning from operations are issued travel warrants for their onward travel home. In this case, the flight was diverted to East Midlands Airport because of bad weather. While this may have caused an inconvenience for some passengers, there is a system in place where personnel reclaim costs incurred in cases such as this.”

I can’t help thinking what was the ethnic origin of the ticket inspector. :confused: If he had of stopped the train he would have had some explaining to do to his bosses, not that he won’t have now he has brought this bad press to the company. I am sure the BT police would have told him to “**** off and stop wasting their time”.

Disgusted with his actions. :evil: :evil:

Tahr

Shocked and angry at this, but not surprised.

This country is now a#se over tit. Need to shake some of the dross out.

Disgusting way to treat servicemen.

I live in Leicester so have no choice but to use East Midlands Trains if I want to go directly to London. Their ticket inspectors are all white and about half a dozen or so in number.

I don't care what his "Ethnicity" is I would like to see him "re -educated", I seem to remember a story somewheres about a soldier in uniform being refused fuel for his vehicle at the pumps unless he came back in civvies, how much truth is in this one I'm not sure.

Rearrange the words to make a commonly used phrase:

Has Dogs Country This To Gone The

JC

These reports are becoming a weekly occurance and to be honest, it doesn`t surprise me.
The Great has gone out of Britain and the place is on its knees.
basil.

basil said:
These reports are becoming a weekly occurance and to be honest, it doesn`t surprise me.
The Great has gone out of Britain and the place is on its knees.
basil.

It's not on its knees it is on its arse :(

We used to be a great manufacturing nation with a steel industry, coal industry and looked upto by most of the world. We were at the forefront of most of the technological advances through many ages all the way up to the computer age.
It never ceases to amase me that we kowtow to the people that tell us we wronged them at anytime in history and feel as though we owe them something.

On the current topic of Islam4uk.

The thing that I find galling in all this is the fact that the people who want to make this country in to some form of Islamic state are the direct decendents of people that emigrated from their motherland to give their children/grandchildren a better life.
Now why did they leave in the first place?? Most leave because they want a better life than they had,or there was some form of oppression in the state where they were living that they wish to escape from.
So why make this land like the one your forebears left ??

Right thats it the soap box has been out and I have put away rant over :evil:

Received this reply following my emailed complaint to East Midlands Trains.

No doubt a standard response but I'm sure they will have got the message by now - and hopefully any other businesses which think thay can act like pr*cks.

"Thank you for email and I appreciate your comments following the recent
newspaper article.

Please be assured that we are very concerned about this incident and the
way the matter was handled by the member of staff. The appropriate action will be taken within our internal procedures and to ensure that this
situation does not occur again in the future.

We are proud of our armed forces and the important role they play. East
Midlands Trains are more than happy to provide assistance to forces
personnel returning from duty overseas and we have also supported
fund-raising initiatives for forces charities.

Thank you for your feedback."

Orion said:

No doubt a standard response but I'm sure they will have got the message by now - and hopefully any other businesses which think thay can act like pr*cks.

As I have mentioned I work in the industry, you can bet your bottom dollar the MD and head of public relations will be absolutely livid, they will see this as a massive own goal they are pretty big on Image/PR now days. If there is any way they can hang somebody by his balls they will.

ATB

Tahr

Thar said:
Orion said:

As I have mentioned I work in the industry, you can bet your bottom dollar the MD and head of public relations will be absolutely livid, they will see this as a massive own goal they are pretty big on Image/PR now days. If there is any way they can hang somebody by his balls they will.

ATB

Tahr
I sincerely hope they do hang him by his balls. It`s no less than what the little tw@t deserves.
basil.

Bandit Country said:
Amhuinnsuidhe said:
Enoch Powell was right, there'll be blood on the streets!

Read this:

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/comment/3643823/Enoch-Powells-Rivers-of-Blood-speech.html

....... and reflect on how right he was. What else would you expect from the youngest Brigadier in the Army and in the Intelligence Corps :D

What he didn't say is that there would be "blood on the streets".

Although he didn't actually say it. it was how the speech was taken. Very emotive indeed!

Turns out he was pretty much bang on, although some of the terms he used were a little ott,

"followed by children, charming, wide-grinning piccaninnies" :lol:

I never realised he didn't say rivers of blood, it was in reallity nothing like that, quoting a Roman seeing the Tiber foaming with blood, if he had met Gordon Brown maybe fiddling while Rome burned would have sprung to mind also :lol:

Back