Advanced deer management with jelen deer services

Jon scott

Recently did the advanced deer management course with jelen deer services, a great course for anyone wishing to further there knowledge of deer and management. The guys running the course very helpful and made the course very interesting. Highly recommended

Just finished one recently myself with Jelen and echo your sentiments very informative and well put together course.

Im doing the deer management course with the BDS in a few weeks so hopefully that will be the same experience as you guys have had
regards
Jimmy

How long does the course last and how difficult is it?

atb Tim

The course is quite involved as it covers all aspects of deer management ie, uncontrolled environment open hill/woodland wild deer, and controlled environment farm and park deer, it also includes various home study assignments to complete before attending the actual course
it covers anything you need to know and you will learn along the way not only from the course but from the other students experiences.

Difficulty wise if you do your homework and learn the course material you should be fine some of the mathematical problems may prove difficult (did for me anyways) but all the relevant information is provided to the students beforehand by a very professional team of instructors I got a lot out of this course and would highly recommend it to those who want to further their knowledge of deer and their management.

Sorry forgot to add the course takes three days.

Last edited:
The course is quite involved as it covers all aspects of deer management ie, uncontrolled environment open hill/woodland wild deer, and controlled environment farm and park deer, it also includes various home study assignments to complete before attending the actual course
it covers anything you need to know and you will learn along the way not only from the course but from the other students experiences.

Difficulty wise if you do your homework and learn the course material you should be fine some of the mathematical problems may prove difficult (did for me anyways) but all the relevant information is provided to the students beforehand by a very professional team of instructors I got a lot out of this course and would highly recommend it to those who want to further their knowledge of deer and their management.

Thanks

atb Tim

I would just like to agree with dlz90
I was on the same course and if you did plenty of reading and the 12 home study assignments beforehand, 3 days was enough to cover the syllabus. I certainly learnt a lot especially about farm deer, impact assessments and management plans. The other students were great, we had a good laugh and all enjoyed learning from each others experience.
Anthony

Last edited:
Back