Good Knife Recommendation

MarkA

Hello

Could do with some help on a good knife recommendation? Mainly to take stalking — so used for gralloching and associated tasks.

Thanks,

Mark

How much you looking to spend ? You can get a knife that will do what you want for £15 or £1500 ?

Mark,

From experience of the same question, 10 people will give you 11 answers on this!

I followed advice and went 2 ways - I bought a Helle Eggen as a 'nice/best' knife, although if you want longer, the Jegersmeister is another popular choice, its a great looking knife, bloody sharp and I love it.

I also bought a Mora Companion as a cheap spare. Its bright orange so great when its getting dark, I was so impressed with it for £12 that I bought one for my old man too and a slightly smaller Mora Punch that I intend to use for rabbits as its small enough to put finger over point when unzipping, for the price they are as good as the posh ones.

I also bought a strop and whilst I thought i was ok at sharpening knives this has changed the way I use them and how sharp I keep them, combined with a Lanksey box sharpener all my knives are shaving sharp.

I am sure there'll be many on here shortly telling you the best £200 work of art is where to go I am more than happy to fully recommend either of the above.

Karl

Guys

Thank you very much for the recommendations! I didn't really want to spend any more than £30 - £40 at the moment so you've given me some good options.

Karl - really good advice; I will look into the sharpening options!

Mark

Hello

Could do with some help on a good knife recommendation? Mainly to take stalking — so used for gralloching and associated tasks.

Thanks,

Mark

Hultaforce Craftman knife £3.95 or even less here.
Or really splash out and pay £4.62 here.
These knives do the job and no tears if you loose one in the dark in long grass.
However, please feel free to pay £100+ , or a lot more, for a 'custom' knives if you are so inclined.

Mora do the job nicely! Cheap and reliable! Cheshire lad sells them and his service is second to none!!! Buy two, one as a spare. Honestly cannot go wrong with them, the orange ones are good as you can find them easier. A little tip.... Whenever you put your knife on the floor if you do a floor field gralloch, put it under the deeds head every time. You will get into the habit and always remember to pick it up.

Back