Sikamalc's Muntjac weekend with good friends.

This weekend I planned to take three good mates on a jolly on a new area I picked up last year to take out some Muntjac. Although its not a particularly large area (approx. 300 acres) it borders several areas of woodland that are bulging with Munties.

The weather was kind to us with little wind and warm temperatures, it turned out to be one hell of a weekend. Over 4 outings, beginning on Friday evening, until Sunday morning we took 9 Munties, with some very good representative bucks, and one real old warrior that has very thick bases and will hopefully make a Bronze medal, possibly silver? we will wait and see.

Thanks to Darren, Tom and Andy for their help throughout the season, and with me and in Scotland. Great weekend lads, and look forward to the next time ;)

ATB

Malc
DSC_1963.jpgDSC_1969.jpgDSC_1973.jpg

This weekend I planned to take three good mates on a jolly on a new area I picked up last year to take out some Muntjac. Although its not a particularly large area (approx. 300 acres) it borders several areas of woodland that are bulging with Munties.

The weather was kind to us with little wind and warm temperatures, it turned out to be one hell of a weekend. Over 4 outings, beginning on Friday evening, until Sunday morning we took 9 Munties, with some very good representative bucks, and one real old warrior that has very thick bases and will hopefully make a Bronze medal, possibly silver? we will wait and see.

Thanks to Darren, Tom and Andy for their help throughout the season, and with me and in Scotland. Great weekend lads, and look forward to the next time ;)

ATB

Malc
View attachment 39951View attachment 39952View attachment 39953

It's looks like you all had one hell of a good weekend well done to all thanks to malc for letting us see the pic
Djc

Im totaly knackered but what a weekend, I have never seen so many slots from muntjac what a place. Thanks for the invite and will catch up with you soon.

Forgive my ignorance, but do munties go through their coat change earlier than roe? Those boys seem to be well on with it, unless it's due to their lifestyle and from pushing though thick cover? Certainly looks like their head and shoulders are well into summer coat.

Novice

This is the one I shot this morning, and we have already had the back straps for dinner and it was very good.

Attachments

• 20140330_070135.jpg
    20140330_070135.jpg
    255 KB · Views: 99
Well done guys, looks like you had a brilliant weekend. Produced a bit of tasty venison for the table.

Tremendous variation in size. - the height of the stalkers that is ;)

Si.

Anyone want to book a few days Munty stalking later in the year let me know. Area is not too far from Jct13 off the M1 and prices will be £75 per stalk, no kill fees on yg bucks or does. CWD are also present and carry a kill fee.

I will not be stalking this area again until late October/early November but I can take bookings in advance if needs be.

Well done guys, looks like you had a brilliant weekend. Produced a bit of tasty venison for the table.

Tremendous variation in size. - the height of the stalkers that is ;)

Si.
I noticed in the photo how we stood in size order :lol:
Hope your keeping well Si.

Darren says its like taking kids on holiday when he has Tom to look after :rofl:

Ha ha, I can well imagine that! Must have been a right laugh though.

Keeping well thanks Andy. Not getting enough stalking though - the usual complaint... Need to save some more sheckles so Malc can take me out on the munties, if you lot left any behind that is.

Si.

Your right we had some laughs, and dont worry there are plenty left I have never seen so many slots on fields in my life.
Hopefuly catch up with you and Jim again soon.

Back