Introduction_Hi From Canada

LMCCARD

Hello everyone,I have enjoyed this site for many months, so I have decided to join in on the conversations. I have recently purchased a couple of BSA CF2's, in calibers of 308 and 30-06. I am interested in refinishing the stocks on these guns but am VERY nervous about the endeavor! I really like the original low luster appearance of these guns, and would only refinish them if I could replicate it exactly. I have researched this topic on many sites, and the more I read, the more confusing it becomes. So, if anyone can help me with the question of , what were the products used on the CF2's when they were manufactured, I would be extremely grateful. Thanks, LMC

Hi LMC, welcome to the site. What part of Canada are you from? I was fortunate to spend time in B.C. a couple of years ago. wonderful country and friendly people.
Tusker

Tusker,I live in the province of Ontario, near the city of Ottawa, which happens to be the capital city of Canada. I have been to BC a few times to visit relatives, but its been a couple of years. What area of BC were you visiting? LMC

Tusker,I live in the province of Ontario, near the city of Ottawa, which happens to be the capital city of Canada. I have been to BC a few times to visit relatives, but its been a couple of years. What area of BC were you visiting? LMC
about one hour north of Kamloops. white water rafted down the river Clearwater. loved it.
Tusker

Tusker,The Kamloops area is certainly a beautiful part of BC, I'm glad you enjoyed your time in Canada. I noticed in one of your photos, that you were using a Parker Hale 270 for a red stag hunt. How would you compare the Parker Hale to the BSA CF2's? Would they be in the same ball park when comparing accuracy? Also, in my original post I was asking about refinishing the stocks on my CF2's, have you done any work on your Parker Hale?Last question, in what area were you hunting when you shot the red stag that is pictured? One of my dream trips would be to hunt red stag in Scotland. It may be a few years down the road, but you can never start planning too early! LMC

Hi matey very nice place you come from I've been there a couple of times in answer to your CF2s try BSA site online or Napier do a good oil Finnish kit, I've got a DVD with what looks like a 243 CF2 being used on a roebuck and welcome to SD bazil

Back