where in surrey to zero .243

s8mdevo

Hi,

Ive just received my FAC with .17hmr .22lr and .243 and would like to get my new SAKO a7 in .243 zeroed in. Is there a shooting club around surrey/sussex where i could go to do this?

Thanks
Sam

BSRC (British Sporting Rifle Club) at Bisley is worth considering as is the Aldershot Rifle & Pistol Club (at Badshot Lea) - both have good facilities - see online.

Ian

Will my BASC membership allow me to do this do you know?
Also do you think it is worthwhile to join the NRA?

thanks

Join the NRA, get yourself a Safe Shooter Card (or Safety & Competence Card, I forget) and you can book a lane on the range anytime you want.

NRA membership is about £70 pa and a lane is £24-36 per 1/2 day (low/high season). Add £31.50 per 1/2 day if you want someone to mark the target in the butts - makes a LOT of sense when you get beyond 200yds and can't see the holes!!!

Then just add travel, ammo and a sandwich for a day spent getting to know your rifle/scope/ammo combi, giving you piece of mind when that Platinum Roe buck appears at 200yds

Good advice I Farticus. You can also buy a zero target for the 25m zero range (used to be £1.50) if you have just put a scope on your rifle and are concerned about where your first shot may go.

I think the BSRC membership cost is quite a bit higher than the NRA (a good club though), I shoot there with other clubs that book their range.

Good advice I Farticus. You can also buy a zero target for the 25m zero range (used to be £1.50) if you have just put a scope on your rifle and are concerned about where your first shot may go.

I think the BSRC membership cost is quite a bit higher than the NRA (a good club though), I shoot there with other clubs that book their range.

Ta. BSRC is £80 pa. Can't remember if there is a hike for first year costs though... You need a Proposer and a Seconder as well

Will my BASC membership allow me to do this do you know?
Also do you think it is worthwhile to join the NRA?

thanks
I have booked a target via BASC,you will need a SSC (safe shooters card) I have also joined the NRA, although that was for reasons other than booking targets. what is generally forgotten is that the NRA have a standard route to a SSC , unless you can prove prior experience, they will insist on you taking a probationary course, this will cost money!
I have said it before and as far as I know noone has taken a look,however here goes again, the BBS NRPC meets once a month at Bisley, most of the members are stalkers/foxers etc we almost always have a morning on Short Siberia at 100 yrds which is ideally suited to zeroing. PM myself or Mildot, or Guesty for details. the club is run as a no-profit club for the benefit of the members,so I hope I am not breaking any rules here

Thanks for the info I.farticus, i have looked on the NRA website but cant seem to find anything on the safe shooter card. Do you know what route i need to take to obtain one?

Yes, join bbsnrpc as Kenny said, and you will gain your safe shooter card. Membership is £35/year iirc and range fees are split between those who are shooting that day.

Yes, join bbsnrpc as Kenny said, and you will gain your safe shooter card. Membership is £35/year iirc and range fees are split between those who are shooting that day.
£40 a year now Nick as the club have to pay a fiver for the SSC :D

The next meet is Easter Sunday, why not pop down and have a chat. We are on Short Siberia in the morning, 100yds from the benches. This is usually used by members to check zero and for load development.

The next meet is Easter Sunday, why not pop down and have a chat. We are on Short Siberia in the morning, 100yds from the benches. This is usually used by members to check zero and for load development.
and mercilessly take the **** out of anyone unlucky enough to have an AK :p

Sounds good. I have never shot at a range before only hunting back home. Is there anything I need to know or bring? When you say short Siberia what exactly is that? Sorry guys new to everything here!
thanks for all the info by the way

Sounds good. I have never shot at a range before only hunting back home. Is there anything I need to know or bring? When you say short Siberia what exactly is that? Sorry guys new to everything here!
thanks for all the info by the way
Short Siberia is one of the ranges at Bisley camp, it is 100 and 200m depending on which range is booked, we normally use 100m as its a good starting point for zeroing.
all you need to come as a prospective member is to contact the club secretary (mildot) and arrange to come to one of the club meetings, (we need at least a weeks notice in order to comply with Home Office rules ) other than that you can bring your own rifle, as long as its on your FAC with the correct conditions , ie, on ranges suitable for the safe use of that class of firearm and with adequate financial arrangements in place to meet any injury or
damage claim.

Back