Head torch

LED lenser is dimmable and focusable which are two words that I might have just made up?
Either way, it's a bloody great head torch which is very adaptable.
MS

Petzl tikka. Has 3 settings, one spread for close work, second for close area and third for longer range searches etc. Batteries last well too and they do a rechargeable type.

Another Petzl Tikka user allows the use of both hands, I also carry
a backup Lenser P7, but hey ! the light nights are fast approaching

Happy days me thinks. Buck.

ZOOMABLE 5W CREE Q5 LED HEADLAMP FLASHLIGHT from Amazon, for £12. As much light as a Petzal, much cheaper (so when you lose it in the woods you don't cry), buy 2.

Linilite prosafe about £15 uses std batteries and illuminates as far down a field as u would need just not dimmible

Petzl Tikka.

If only because I get a (very small) kick out of having a rifle and torch called the same thing. Which, it transipres, means 'woodpecker' in Finnish.

CREE all the way, just got mine, Jesus, it's bright and for the money nothing touches it. Rechargeable battery with charger inc postage about £20 as I recall.

I've just bought yet another head torch (reckon I've had well over a dozen over the years). As ever, depends what you want if for / what your budget is...

If you want something to get you back to the car or to gralloch by, a Petzl Tikka or similar ( go to B&Q or a garage) will do fine. If you want something to scare the birds roosting in the next county, or more practically to find a runner in cover, then I can thoroughly recommend the LED Lenser H7R 2 . This was my most recent purchase and it is very good - the beam is far and away better than anything I have had before. Because it's rechargeable (USB), I can just plug it in to the fag lighter in my car when I've used it, then stick it back in the roe sack knowing it is fully charged for the next outing.

Back