Info required on stalking

beattie16

Could anyone be kind enough to give me a contact name and telephone no or info on fallow deer stalking in the Moffat, Dumfries & Galloway region.

Thanks in advance

beattie16

For the lifde of me I cant remember the name but the estate that does the D&G show has a large herd. See it everytime I go past and boy they are tempting.
Jim

It is Annandale estate, although they have let the stalking to a third party. It does not have the numbers on their it did, they have been knocked back a bit in the last couple of years, although I saw a good buck last night.

There was a post on here sometime back about somebody not having a very good experience stalking/doing there Level 2 on their. You would have to find it and make your own mind up.

ATB

Tahr

dumfries fallow

Hello, there is a big herd on the rayhills estate that are very visable from the a 701 south of moffat where the galloway game fair is held,
The annandale estate is a part of the Buccleuch empire, you could try buccleuch estates.

Good luck.

Barry

Lord Annandale owns Annandale Estates including Raehills.

They let fallow stalking. The stalker is Bert Robertson 01576 470403.

I don't know Bert well but have never heard anything bad.
:)

Thar, you're right, it was his predecessor I have met and it sounds like the incumbent is a quite different person altogethor...

Hi Nick

Peter Fenner used to have the stalking, I don't know either personally, but on the back of that post I would be cautious to recommend the Annandale estate for stalking unless somebody else knows better.

ATB

Tahr

The stalking is fantastic but you have to pay for it. Been there a couple of times and although Bert has had some bad press I always found the estate and his services great.

costs are about £120 per day + you pay for every beast so fawns, does and prickets are about £35 each but bucks start at a hundred quid so by all means best of luck but be prepared to part with money!

Last time there I shot 5 beasts but could have been more, £400 for the day.

i know bert personally and would not hesitate to reccommend him to anyone, and i do. i find bert to be a decent fella and very proffessional, i have stalked with him and will again, he seems to have many off the same rifles come back year after year. anyone in this area thaty i know that has stalked with him all seem to have good expeirences and wquite happy.
i didn't want to bring up all that previous stuff posted, may jist have been a clash off personalites and there is generally 2 sides to every story. i also know peter who was there before him who has probably forgot more about deer than i'll ever know.

i run a small syndicate up there and also beat on the main shoot on estate so know the ground pretty well; and can tell you not as many deer as there was but still plenty and some bloody cracking bucks with some pretty impressive head gear. at this time of year we can see more deer than pheasants

Back