.22 hv rounds

jimbo1984

Anybody shooting high velocity rimfire rounds with decent accuracy I remember trying them years ago in my old anshutz and acurracy was terrible ... The rifle I have at min is a cz 452 I'd be interested to know if anybody's getting decent accuracy from a hv rpund in this rifle before buying some ,
atb jim

I have a match 54 with a scope on it. At 50 yards it groups half inch with win subs but put general cheap hv through it and it's awful. Eley HV is actually pretty good by the standard of the competition but I'm lucky is I can get sub inch with it.

I have never found HV to be very good on accuracy. The super HVs like Stinger and Yellow Jacket were worse than 'normal' HV.

RWS high velocity is brilliant in my CZ, genuine 1" groups at 100 yards.

Norman CCI Stinger and Remington Hornet have always been unbelievably bad in all .22 rifles that I have tried them in.

Last edited:
Give CCI segmented a try around 1100 fps pretty quick, really accurate in my old 452 and the quad, they are all I use now. Sub .50 of an inch at 60 yds in the quad.

atb

phil

Brno1100yardsredgodsofshooting.jpg%7E320x480

This is with a 4X using the tip of the bottom duplex as the aiming point. 100M using CCI High Velocity in my Brno #2.~Muir

Give CCI segmented a try around 1100 fps pretty quick, really accurate in my old 452 and the quad, they are all I use now. Sub .50 of an inch at 60 yds in the quad.

atb

phil
hi Phillip
I've just been given 500 winchester subs and they're shooting great just was wondering about using hvs to give me a bit more range , I'll give the cci a go
atb Jim

Generally .22lr rifles are very fussy on ammunition and you might have to just take a few different boxes of 50 and try to you find one that your barrel likes.

I prefer, conditions allowing, to take a slightly longer shot with a subsonic brand that I've tested and found accurate at a given range rather than have maybe 350fps more terminal velocity and a higher chance of hitting outside the intended kill zone.

Know your round and where to aim for different distances, use a rangefinder if you do want to reach out further but most of all, know your limitations.

(My apologies for sounding like a grumpy headmaster-I am genuinely offering advice not criticism)

Regards,

FNF

hi Phillip
I've just been given 500 winchester subs and they're shooting great just was wondering about using hvs to give me a bit more range , I'll give the cci a go
atb Jim

my quads hate win subs, grouping is crap, eley subs or CCI segmented perform the best in mine.
p

Back