125 sst in 30-06 loads please

Offroad Gary

Anyone got any loads that work, i need to load some for a friend, have n135, n140, n 150, h380, h4895 and, shhhh, varget!

i know the rules about working up etc, but want to
cut a few corners, rifle is t3 varmint 24".

any help appreciated, theres roebucks need dealing with!!

Anyone got any loads that work, i need to load some for a friend, have n135, n140, n 150, h380, h4895 and, shhhh, varget!

i know the rules about working up etc, but want to
cut a few corners, rifle is t3 varmint 24".

any help appreciated, theres roebucks need dealing with!!

Gary you mean you actually shoot SST on deer :stir:
Get yourself some Barnes ttsx far more left for the pot
regards pete

regards pete

ahh but the problem is getting the 30 cal barnes rare as rocking horse turds ! infact all barnes bullets are near on extinct here in the uk i reckon !

regards pete

pete, I've only ever shot 1 deer with these, a Roebuck at 225m from my AIAE, a friend wants to use them in his estate rifle, so I thought we could knock some up. His brother is threading a case tonight so we can measure the chamber and set them to a potentially good length, I just need some guidance on powder. I think there've 70 or so in the box but I don't want to waste them or have time to do full load development, sub 1" would be good enough. I'm sure I can pick something that would work and get a load within 9 bullets, even if nobody comes to help poor little me.

got told the story about "chunky" the other day, priceless!!!:rofl:

I shoot some mild 125-gr Hornady, Sierra, and Nosler BT in my Garand and also for practice and to not pound my older 1903s. Never saw a 125-gr SST. So I am loading milder than you probably want.

H-4895 40.5 to 49.0 2,650 to 3,100 fps

N-140 45.5 to 49.5 2,900 to 3,200 fps

IMR-4895 47.0 grains 2,800 fps Sierra 125 gr for Garand 200 yard match ( works for hunting bullets)

---------------
Sierra data for MAX loads, depending on the rifle chamber, barrel and brass.

Bullet Weight Powder Bullet C.O.L. Grs. Vel. Pressure Grs. Vel. Pressure
(Gr) Dia (Inch) (ft/s) (gr) (ft/sec)
125 GR. SIE SP IMR 4895 .308" 3.150" 53.0 3137 47,800 PSI 57.2 3331 56,800 PSI

pete, I've only ever shot 1 deer with these, a Roebuck at 225m from my AIAE, a friend wants to use them in his estate rifle, so I thought we could knock some up. His brother is threading a case tonight so we can measure the chamber and set them to a potentially good length, I just need some guidance on powder. I think there've 70 or so in the box but I don't want to waste them or have time to do full load development, sub 1" would be good enough. I'm sure I can pick something that would work and get a load within 9 bullets, even if nobody comes to help poor little me.

got told the story about "chunky" the other day, priceless!!!:rofl:

That was when I was on sky and the late Sid Waddell was commentating I believe
the days when I could shoot :D
Regards pete

Back