high seat pile saver?anyone

tozzybum

good old poundland got inflatable cushions in 46x26cm.ideal for high seat numb bum prevention .stop your piles freezing down out in the woods:D

cheap foam kneeling mat for cleaning floors etc, only prob its blue white and green,no prob when its dirty, i keep one in my game bag for the shoot, saves sitting on thorns and brambles, cost b all from home/bargain enjoy doug,

Here's a K tip if you have a self-inflating seat and carry a fannypack or rucksack:

Roll up self-inflating seat, strap lightly to pack and allow to self-inflate within confines of straps then close valve. You now have an in-the-field rifle rest that can deliver all but benchrest accuracy if you do your bit.

Perfect for anywhere you can take a prone shot and saves on rifle weight as you can dispense with a bipod.

K

Peice of kingspan wall or floor insulation, the one with foil both side's. I find it creates heat when sat on and a little more confotable

but its about four inches thick, ok if your leaving it for the next chap, only joking whatever floats your boat i suppose, or you could use a wheelchair cushion thats what i used for eight years match fishing,

Last edited:
I always remove the foam back armour from my old bike jackets, usually the correct shape to slip in a game pocket & cover just the right amount of wet ground , or hard seating areas.

I just cut a peice off of a cheap camping mat. Then when you are done just roll it up and put it in your pocket. You can always use a bigger bit and fold it in half. You can even get them in olive drab!

Pair of worn out neoprene wellies; cut the tops off and slice down the seam. Result = dry and comfy bum!

willie_gunn

P.S. nice thing about the neoprene is that it can be easily rolled up and stuffed in a pocket.

Last edited:
Back