First Stalk.

Grimmer

Well, I have only been a member a short time, having joined to learn, but I got out this week and this is the first ever Deer I have ever seen through a scope:D:D:D, and having done plenty of reading on here, and watching a few vids on youtube, I butchered it tonight, and while I won't be quittting my day job anytime soon, I am pretty damn happy with the fruits of my labour. Might have been the first, but DEFINITELY not the last time I have been stalking, and can see this as something I could get into in a big way:cool::cool::cool::cool::cool::cool::cool::cool:

20140401_194811_zpskkciylh9.jpg

Good job. As said in the above warning STALKING IS ADDICTIVE. You'll want to be out after the next one long before you've eaten that boy. Happy hunting.

Well done, hopefully first of many more to come... :thumb: Good luck for the next outing.

Cheers chaps, only had my S.G.C. a few months, but I can feel some saving up coming on and then seeing about upgrading to F.A.C.:D:D, just need to win the lottery though, so I can do away with the pesky needing to save up business:banghead:

fac not the hard part, its the decent scope decent rifle decent mod decent sling decent sticks decent binos,only joking im poorer than a church mouse,its no drink no smoking oh and bu er all else till something comes up,:old:

Think I'm going to be looking at 12months time to be honest, Mrs Grimmer and 4 Grimlets mean I'm far from loaded:eek:, but planning on getting out as and when, saving up and doing my D.S.C.1 and then look at F.A.C., I am an impatient bugger though, so might happen a bit quicker:lol:

Well done grimmer. Out of interest did you have any previous experience of butchery and how hard did you find it?

No experience whatsoever mate:eek:, basically all I did was watch a few video's on youtube and get stuck in:lol:, I did have some guidance with the Gralloch and skinning, i.e. mate stood with hands in pockets saying "do this", "cut that", etc etc, but the actual butchering bit was 100% all done on my own. My only advice would be, take your time, make sure your knife is sharp and crack on, I only used a knife as well, no saws or anything. It probably took me an hour ish, and while the cuts might not be butcher quality, I'm sure that will come with practice:thumb: If I can be any more help just give me a shout.

Well done Sir! My only little bit of advice for the future would be to allow the carcass to hang for a minimum of a week before butchery (obviously this can be dependant on having somewhere suitable to hang it, preferably chilled).

Regards

Rowners

Well done Sir! My only little bit of advice for the future would be to allow the carcass to hang for a minimum of a week before butchery (obviously this can be dependant on having somewhere suitable to hang it, preferably chilled).

Regards

Rowners

Had been hung for 5 days,Tuesday evening till Sunday:thumb:, just forgot to mention that bit:doh:, my mate has access to a Game larder:cool:

Back