Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Quitting Smoking

Quitting Smoking

As of.....................................NOW!

I have a feeling today is going to be a long day!

Its not easy mate but stick with it. I stoped 6 weaks ago.

Regards kev
    History will be kind to me for I intend to write it.

well do you stick with it.

Keep the money you would've spent on smoking to one side, them treat yourself to more stalking gear as it builds up! Goes some way to making it a bit easier when you can see a benefit from it.
    Good luck.

Quit seven years ago after reading Allan Carr's book. Never miss it, never think about it.

I walked into my GP nearly 9 years ago... He put me onto patches and an inhalator thing, and after 10 weeks I was done. 25 years of smoking, 10 weeks of NHS help, and now 9 years "clean".

The only downside is that you'll be able to really taste food, so avoid chocolate Hobnobs at ALL costs!!!

You are now a non-smoker. Don't think of yourself as an ex-smoker as that gives the impression that it's something missing in your life - that sounds a bit psychob*ll*cks, but it's all in the head once the nicotine dependence has gone in a couple of weeks.

Sako 75 6.5x55 - Z6i 3-18x50. Sako 75 .308 Habicht 2.5-10x56. Beretta 690. Benelli M2.
    "You have enemies? Good. That means you’ve stood up for something, sometime in your life."
    Sir Winston Leonard Spencer Churchill (1874-1965)

Good luck mate ! I stopped smoking roll ups about 6 weeks ago by switching to one of those Vaporiser e-cigs and am hardly using that now - feel a lot better health wise already and it wasn't as hard as I thought it was going to be !!

Good luck Pete, stick with it. Today may be a log day but think of the extra time you're buying by packing them in. I stopped 15 years back from 40 - 50 a day. best decision I ever made. Keep at it!!

No one likes a quitter!

Been just over 4 weeks for me and getting easier by the day, good luck.

Stick all the money you would have spent each day into a jar that says 'Rifle Fund' on it. Cracking incentive to let it build and less likely to go back to your habit!