Quitting Smoking

Keep the money you would've spent on smoking to one side, them treat yourself to more stalking gear as it builds up! Goes some way to making it a bit easier when you can see a benefit from it.
Good luck.

I walked into my GP nearly 9 years ago... He put me onto patches and an inhalator thing, and after 10 weeks I was done. 25 years of smoking, 10 weeks of NHS help, and now 9 years "clean".

The only downside is that you'll be able to really taste food, so avoid chocolate Hobnobs at ALL costs!!!

You are now a non-smoker. Don't think of yourself as an ex-smoker as that gives the impression that it's something missing in your life - that sounds a bit psychob*ll*cks, but it's all in the head once the nicotine dependence has gone in a couple of weeks.

Cheers
iain

Good luck mate ! I stopped smoking roll ups about 6 weeks ago by switching to one of those Vaporiser e-cigs and am hardly using that now - feel a lot better health wise already and it wasn't as hard as I thought it was going to be !!

Good luck Pete, stick with it. Today may be a log day but think of the extra time you're buying by packing them in. I stopped 15 years back from 40 - 50 a day. best decision I ever made. Keep at it!!

Stick all the money you would have spent each day into a jar that says 'Rifle Fund' on it. Cracking incentive to let it build and less likely to go back to your habit!;)
MS

I found it helped to tell myself that all I had to do was to NOT do something, which has to be easier than doing something you weren't before. I realise that's nonsense but it's whatever you need to tell yourself... But in the end, I just didn't want to smoke anymore, and I didn't enjoy it enough to justify the cost.

Gummi Bears.................. Good luck. SWMBO and I quit 14 years ago on 1 Jan... she made it til the next Christmas party at work and I am still lookin for something to kill me. She went 5 years ago to a seminar that is always advertised as smoke free in 6 hours. No idea what went on in them 6 hours but she hasn't smoked since... Everyone is different, but the first week or so is tuff.... Drink, drink, drink... and try to avoid caffiene... Gummibears or the like can help.... But drink, drink, drink and help flush the junk out of your body....

i have been of them scince sep 2013 the hardest thing is breaking the things that go with smoking like drinking :doh:good luck

Quit seven years ago after reading Allan Carr's book. Never miss it, never think about it.

Worked for me as well - gave up roll ups after ten years of smoking 6 years ago and never look back. Well worth the £6 or whatever it is for the book...

AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAARGH!

So yeah its been a long long day, the client (council) couldn't decided where they wanted the fence we have been contracted to build despite the quote being in for over six weeks, the materials delivery was hours late and then when it did turn up the F'ing lorry got well and truly stuck! If it hadn't been for one of the old forset boys in a tractor it would still be stuck!

Oh and did I add its blooming P***ing it down?

I'm going to go and find the cat! And kick it!

Back